Worcester C1 combi boiler overheating????

D

DeletedUser

I have a Worcester C1 combi boiler and recently had an extra radiator fitted in my living room.

Everything was working fine for a few days but now the central heating won't work. The hot water is fine but the pilot light will not ignite when I put the CH on, it has come on a couple of times but it goes out again.

The CH and hot water demand indicators were flashing on and off so I pressed the reset button but still no joy.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure it says C1 and has the British Gas logo on it. Someone told me once it was one made by Worcester for BG if that helps.

Sponsored Links
picture would help
the flashing lights sound like the old cdi
bg c1 that i have seen are the greenstar cdi mkii afaik

sounds like a pump problem. 2 flashing lights means an over heat.
Hot water will work as the pump does not run during hot water demand on this boiler.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have the same boiler and have had 4 rads burst a joint. Seeing to pressure dial in the photo I realise that the pressure is too high (fully clockwise the dial) Question is how can I get the pressure down to the needle straight up? Also what would cause the high pressure?

Thanks

Les

If its not a leaking filling loop then Worcester boilers with plate HEs often seem to have them leaking internally.

Tony

judging by the high level of corrosion, it could also be developing gas pushing the pressure up

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have the same boiler and have had 4 rads burst a joint. Seeing to pressure dial in the photo I realise that the pressure is too high (fully clockwise the dial) Question is how can I get the pressure down to the needle straight up? Also what would cause the high pressure?

Thanks

Les

is it high all the time or only when the heating is on? could be the expansion vessel needing pumped up if it only rises when heating it on. (see FAQ's)

if it is high all the time then, as previously mentioned, it could be a faulty filling loop or the heat exchanger is passing mains water to the CH side. iirc the 28si has a twin pass heatex so it might not be a cheap repair.

It is high (just under 4 ) all the time but does go up when the c/h comes on. How can I relase some of the pressure?

its getting mains water from somewhere then. i would expect the prv to letting water out, is it?

disconnect the filling loop (careful here, the loop valves could be passing and filling the boiler constantly) and use the prv to release the excess pressure. no harm in using the prv now as its bound to be b.uggered, then watch and see if the gauge rises again. if it rises with the loop disconnected the heat exchanger is passing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back