Worcester CD28i hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a CD28i which is nearly 2 years old and has been great until recently. A problem whereby the hot water tap light flashes and cuts off the water heating is becoming more frequent now. Turning the power of and on resets it and it works for a minute or two then it cut's out again. The central heating is fine though, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
That fast flash indicates a flue fault, most comon on the 28cdi would be the air hoses from the fan to the air pressure switch, they can perish at the fan end ,any tiny crack or hole will drop out the air pressure switch particulally on max gas (hot water), other than that your fitter would have to check the flue and fan for the usual faults.

Found a hole in one of the air pipes between the air pressure switch and the fan. A couple of inches of electirical tape have cured it, thanks very much for the help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back