Worcester Danesmore 26/32 not lighting

If it's not going to lockout then the control box is not progressing.

What do you need to work on oil fired boilers?
For starters
Pressure guage
Vacuum guage
Volt meter
Smoke pump
Flue Analiser
Knowledge of how they work helps:

CORGI what have they tio do with oil appliances!!

It is easy to dismantle the pump but now having done so what is the pump pressure when running? Have you tried the suggestion I made earlier about supplying solenoid coil with an outside supply and does the boiler now run?

You ask for help but you need to accept suggested tests and report back the result otherwise everybody is wasting time.

3 connections to coil - two parallel are the supply single one at 90 degrees is earth.

Wiring diagram on page 16. Only 'non standard' part is the motor supply from terminal 4 of the control box is fed back to the boiler to the post purge unit and then fed back to the actual motor.

Sponsored Links
Just tried the origional solenoid with 240v across it, very frisky and picks a screwdriver up. Gets hot too.
Proving the original was probably ok but nothing else!!

Connect the solenoid in the burner independantly, DOES THE BURNER IGNIGHT???

The pump was very easy to strip down to filter level, the valve came out easy too. Went back together no problem. Why play with cars? What do you need to work on oil fired boilers? I live just outside a rural area with LOTS of oil fired appliances just up the road. I cant afford to do CORGI being on my own in a house on a mortgage. Sick to death of bathrooms and clearing s*** from drains. Yes one disgruntled very well qualified plumber with over 20 years experience but looking at my first oil fired boiler. Just asking for a bit of help.

right your not listening.

you dont know what you are doing, you dont even have a clue.

ok so you say you are a plumber?

ok check it out OIL it doesnt work as you assume it does.

mean while till you do know stick to cars or get educated ;)

Since you have 13V on the solenoid it is an electrical problem. You may well have done for the pump unnecessarily. Photo cell and control box in that order. It's cheaper than the other way round.

Other than that, spend your time earning money and pay someone to sort it.

Sponsored Links
Just tried the origional solenoid with 240v across it, very frisky and picks a screwdriver up. Gets hot too.
Proving the original was probably ok but nothing else!!

Connect the solenoid in the burner independantly, DOES THE BURNER IGNIGHT???

Don't know yet as the origional solenoid was in my van but the boiler is elsewhere.

Since you have 13V on the solenoid it is an electrical problem. You may well have done for the pump unnecessarily. Photo cell and control box in that order. It's cheaper than the other way round.

Not charged anyone yet why not start learning with this one?

The pump was very easy to strip down to filter level, the valve came out easy too. Went back together no problem. Why play with cars? What do you need to work on oil fired boilers? I live just outside a rural area with LOTS of oil fired appliances just up the road. I cant afford to do CORGI being on my own in a house on a mortgage. Sick to death of bathrooms and clearing s*** from drains. Yes one disgruntled very well qualified plumber with over 20 years experience but looking at my first oil fired boiler. Just asking for a bit of help.

right your not listening.

you dont know what you are doing, you dont even have a clue.

ok so you say you are a plumber?

ok check it out OIL it doesnt work as you assume it does.

mean while till you do know stick to cars or get educated ;)

Do you get a hard on whilst mentioning cars?

You like to do it don't you.

Not charged anyone yet why not start learning with this one?

This is a long winded way of "learning". This fault has lasted at least three days, when you could have spent the time better, and booked onto one of the boiler manufacturers (usually free) courses. They are usually one day, and you will learn lots. Meanwhile, either you have a very understanding customer, or they are more irritated than you know.

His Rayburn Is heating the hot water. His worcester does the heating which is unused at the moment. If it was winter I would have concentrated on it.

Tried a 240v supply to the boiler solenoid, it didn't light. It's not sparking as before, going to try a photocell. Email to worcester enquiring training on their oil boilers. Thanks for all your kind help.

Tried a 240v supply to the boiler solenoid, it didn't light. It's not sparking as before, going to try a photocell. Email to worcester enquiring training on their oil boilers. Thanks for all your kind help.

I'll ignore the cheap jibe about the hard on with cars.
actually i get off on bikes.
as for a hard on? no to be honest I dont.
not since they removed part of prostate, bladder and complete rectum due to cancer.

anyway get the order of operation right, fan, spark, flame proving.
so dont go down the route of changing the cell.

geez by the time you have finished you could have bought a new burner :eek:

2 responses have led me down the path of the 'cell it will be a lot cheaper to replace first than the control box. The reason I'm on this boiler despite the fact that I have no experience on oil is purely and simply that the owner of the boiler knows I will do it cheap and in-between my jobs. I was sorry to hear of your problems and do hope you are as well as can be. Thanks for your help on this string. Oh by the way I do get a hard on for bikes, passed my test in 96 but can't afford one.

I'll ignore the cheap jibe about the hard on with cars.
actually i get off on bikes.
as for a hard on? no to be honest I dont.
not since they removed part of prostate, bladder and complete rectum due to cancer.

anyway get the order of operation right, fan, spark, flame proving.
so dont go down the route of changing the cell.

geez by the time you have finished you could have bought a new burner :eek:

New Burner? Bet that is cheap!

Slow down stop & think for a moment!!

You are now saying you have no sparking. First post you said no ignition and you dismantled the pump. From this I assumed you had sparking but no burner lighting because of lack of oil.

The sequence chart for the TF830 control box shows the photocell unread for pre-ignition purge but supply to motor and ignition transformer on as soon as power is applied.

Having noticed that there was no sparking you did check for 240volts to input of EBI transformer didn't you? So what is it the reading?

All power supplies for the burner components is supplied from the 830 EXCEPT the motor which can be supplied from the boiler itself via the Post Purge PCB (if fitted).

It follows therefore that if this PCB is fitted to your boiler that you start by checking for 240volts at pins 1 & 2 (Black & Red wires) of the connector between boiler & burner since if this is missing nothing will work!

No 240 Volts then check control stat, manual reset stat and high limit stats.

There must be 240volts between terminals 8 & 9 on the control box for it to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back