Worcester Danesmore 26/32 not lighting

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the Info AlanE. Sorry for a dely in replying but the boiler owner has been camping. Just been and checked. The spark genny is getting 240V but appears to have burned out due to the owner leaving it running in sparking mode on Thursday(hoping it will mend itself), but with a lack of oil at the nozzle as previously reported. The genny burning out had blown the 3 amp fuse. The only pcb I can see on the boiler is inside the control box. There is no sign of a red and black wire. 240V present at pins 8 and 9 on the control box.

Pins 1 and 2 Brown and Blue as I recall didn't show any voltage.

So.. to recap. Boiler upon recieving signal from timer sits for 10 seconds or so and the the fan fires up. The pump solenoid is still recieving 14 volts. I can only assume when the Spark Genny is replaced I will be back to square 1 with a fan running sparker but with no oil. At least then I will be able to supply the solenoid with 240V which will open the solenoid and will then fire up I hope.

Thanks AlanE.

OOPS sorry AlanE but I forgot to mention the boiler is not going in to lockout.

Pins 1 and 2 Brown and Blue as I recall didn't show any voltage.
Note original post above pins 1 & 2 relate to the connector NOT pcb in control box.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to mention also although there is no voltage showing at 1 and 2 there is continuity across pin 1 on the plug in connector and L on the connector beneath showing a closed circuit on the stats etc

Pins 1 & 2 on the control box are the photocell connections, but then you knew that from looking at the drawing on the bottom of the box. It's time you got someone in.

Wasn't that long ago you recommended photocell then control valve. Get someone in? Thats you and AlanE.

Pins 1 & 2 on the control box are the photocell connections, but then you knew that from looking at the drawing on the bottom of the box. It's time you got someone in.

If worcester included a wiring diagram which included the circuits of the control box it would be so much easier to trace the fault. Why does wuster do this with the oil and gas boilers?

I'll post you a copy of the internals if you really want a bit of confusion! Won't be until this evening though.

As always the trouble with trying to solve problems via a forum is that the person giving the advise is dependant upon the original questioner giving all the relevant facts and information.

The other problem is one of continuty! You ask a question but an answer might involve asking for a bit more information. The answer received may or may not be what was being asked for. It might also come several days later. It is then a case of re-reading what has gone before to regain the gist. Also bear in mind that between posts I, as with many others replying to you, have attended many other oil breakdowns anf it is easy to get confused. Your thread is now over 8 days long!!

Recount the symptoms described and originally it seemed you had sparking but no ignition due to oil pump but then you added later no sparking. Do you have sparking yet?

I asked about voltage on the connection block between actual boiler and burner unit but having asked twice still no actual answer.

Is this one baffling you too?
Only because someone else is doing the actual tests and I have to rely on the supplied results. If I was sitting in front of the boiler 8 days ago I can guarantee it would have been working 8 days ago.

Forgot to mention also although there is no voltage showing at 1 and 2 there is continuity across pin 1 on the plug in connector and L on the connector beneath showing a closed circuit on the stats etc

NOT WHAT WAS ASKED FOR! The maybe continuity between the stats Voltage on boiler side of connector is??

Incidently if the result of the requested voltage check requested shows 0volts then even a new burner will fail to run.

The voltage on the stats is 240V. It's not sparking as the generator is burnt out, a new generator is on order. 240V to the generator. Fan running, No sparks due to burnt out generator. Was origionally sparking but not supplying fuel to the delivery pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back