WORCESTER GREENSTAR 24i JUNIOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heating comes on when it wants! Have MT10RF mechanical thermostat fitted. Clock is set correct and on off times are set correctly and the boiler does come on as it should etc. but it also just seems to randomly come on and heat up the rads for various periods of time. Heating should have gone off at 0830 but was still running at 0850. ANyone had similar problem or know what it could be?

Sponsored Links
SOMe of those mechanical timers are awful. WIggle it about and see if it seems to be intermittent.

Try turning the comfort (pre-heat off) and see if things improve..if so diverter sticking.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
Many thanks for the replies. I contacted the guys who fitted the boiler and they said there is a problem with a batch of MT10RF mechanical thermostats in the fact that the frequency they were set at is being interfered with. Bosch are sending out new ones to be fitted free of charge to any customers who report that their heating has a mind of it's own. So if any of you know anyone with the same problem then get them to call the fitters or contact worcester directly and the problem will be solved.

Thanks all.

Does the receiver unit have a light to indicate when its receiving a call for heat?

If so does it show one when the boiler is unexpectedly on?

Tony

Hi Tony,
Yes on the bolier there is an overide light (Green) this should flash twice evry once in a while to indicate that a signal is being recieved. When the clock clicks on or you choose to have it on continuos it will stay on and the fire light will also stay on. In the case with my faulty unit it does exactly the same except there is no call for heat as the thermostat is set to it's lowest of 5 degrees and the clock indicates that it is not time for the boiler to fire up.

Yes, it does sound as if the problem is connected with the RF stat.

Probably not relevant, but have you replaced the batteries in the sender unit with good alkaline ones lately?

Tony

Hi Tony,
Yep , changed batteries. Switched boiler on/off. Reset boiler. Reset all times on clock. Changed batteries again, re synched RF thermostat with boiler. Basically did everything the book told me (and some it did'nt) to do before phoning for help, however had i phoned for help to begin with i would have saved messing about for days as it seems to be a known problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back