Worcester Greenstar Ri Boiler - Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have recently moved into a property with a Worcester Greenstar Ri Boiler. Having previously only being used to Combi boiler to have a Traditional system has been a bit of a surprise.

My question is can anyone please give me some advice on how best to use the boiler and settings for central heating and hot water.

During the winter my gas bill has been very high - now in the summer it is very low.

I now programme the Hot Water to come on for 20 mins each morning - this provides me with hot water for our needs for the most part of the day. (A shower at 10pm may be a little on the cool side).

But during the colder winter months I was having the boiler turned up to full, with the central heating coming on morning and late afternoon for two hours or so. It seems to take at least 2 hours to warm the entire house (it is a large older 4 bed house) and was costing me quite a bit.

Someone advised me to have the heating on constant and just adjust the termostat as this would be more efficient?

I was informed by the Gas Engineer who serviced the product to not have the CH and HW on at the same time.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Any advice would be much apprecited!

Sponsored Links
Have a look in FAQ CH.
In general, running a condenser on max will up your bill by about 10% straight away.

If it takes that long to warm up on full blast, there is something wrong. Rads too small, not balanced, draught.
CH and DHW should never be on at the same time, your chap was correct on that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back