WORCESTER GREENSTAR RI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Greenstar 15RI fitted in July 2008 - it has worked fine with no problems since it was fitted being serviced every year.

In the last couple of weeks a loud clicking noise, sounds like an electricial contact making and breaking is coming from the boiler, this is not continious, it is intermittent and only happens when the boiler is in the standby mode i.e. the green light has gone out.

The boiler fires up and produces good heat to the radiators, but this clicking sound is getting on our nerves as the boiler is in the kitchen.

We have had our the local Corgi engineer but he cannot put his finger on it.

Has anyone experienced this before please and if so what is the solution.

Grateful thanks and a happy Christmas to you all.

Sponsored Links
You need to have a capacitor fitted between swl and neutral, I think worcester have a part number for this modification.

Sponsored Links
Excellent thanks for your quick reply - could you please advise if it will be safe to run the boiler for the next two to three weeks before having this modification fitted? thanks again

Its a very simple modification, its a 0.47uF (275V AC X2 rated) capacitor (from maplins?) across the swl and neutral, your gassafe bloke should be able to do it and might save you from having to buy a new pcb,

the constant clicking wont be doing it any good.

Many thanks for your prompt reply - have now put it in the hands of Corgi.

Happy Christmas and thanks again

GASSAFE now, corgi are no more, deceased, ex , passed away , defunct, just like the parrot sketch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back