Worcester Heatslave 15/19 lockout

I have taken the black top off the valve on the big red expansion vessel when I pressed down the centre of the valve water dribbled out. I assume this is bad news?

Sponsored Links
Yep I'm afraid it is. This means that the EV is full of water, whereas it should have water on one side of its internal rubber diaphragm and air on the other (your tyre valve side). Replacement needed I'm afraid - cost around £70 as a round figure.
John :)

Has expansion vessel problem been caused by the pressure going towards 3 bar? Which would mean this is a side effect of another problem or is this likely to be the problem in the 1st place. ie if I sort expanssion vessel problem is the boiler likely to work as I have to make a decision on cost effectiveness as this boiler is over 12years old

Cheers Paul

Sponsored Links
You need to know that the manual lever is intended to only open the valve and NOT to operate the microswitch.

What you described was a working motor but a worn quadrant gear. So that when the motor reaches the part of the quadrant it springs back as it slips on the cogs.

That means that you need a new valve head and not just a new motor.

The expansion vessel can be replaced or a stand alone one added to the system where ever there is space for it.

Tony

You need to know that the manual lever is intended to only open the valve and NOT to operate the microswitch.

What you described was a working motor but a worn quadrant gear. So that when the motor reaches the part of the quadrant it springs back as it slips on the cogs.

That means that you need a new valve head and not just a new motor.

The expansion vessel can be replaced or a stand alone one added to the system where ever there is space for it.

Tony
The Honeywell valve actuator will do exactly what it is doing whilst not on a valve. If the valve is not operating on the boiler, then it may be a weak motor, try holding the spigot with your fingers. If you can, then change the synchron motor. Also. If you operate the microswitch manually, does it switch, or is it still dead. If still dead, then a new head is required, which may mean buying a complete valve and using just the head.

The microswitch turns on the pump when operated by me. We then get hot radiators. The pump does not seem to come on otherwise.
Seem to have another problem as well as even with the heating turned off and turned down to zero on dial on front of boiler the lockout has tripped over night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back