Worcester Heatslave 18/25 + Honeywell CMT927 wiring please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to be posting this but i thought i was set with wiring in the CMT927, then my father in law basically shot me down, so i am after some advice and help.

We have a Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 oil condensing boiler , and as we have now moved into the bungalow, i decided to get a Honeywell CMT927 wireless package ( after reading good things/reviews on here :) )

Along with now not being sure, i am wondering if the below can be used to help.

My boiler runs from a 5amp fused switch next to the boiler, about 6 inches to the right of the fused switch is a blanking plate which has a single cable in ( not connected to anything ), it runs to the hallway where a old broken timer was hanging, i have removed the timer, and taken a photo.
is there a way i can use these wires to place the receiver there? and if so , could someone please give me a walkthrough of which wire to where.

I am aware that the A and B need to be connected to the LS and LR on the boiler, but the live and neutral issue has me 2nd guessing myself.

22022010041.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cmt927 is wireless isn't it?

You wire the transmiter box near the boiler, then just screw the control panel ontot the wall, hey presto. No need to run wires to the hallway, just isolate and snip.

Sam

Sorry yes its the transmitter box wiring i am after help with.

there is alot of metal in the utility room,and i think i need to be a meter away from anything like that, so i figured being as these cables were already in the hall, it maybe useful to wire it there.

Cant you just fit a standard wired stat on those wires in the hall?

I use wireless as a last resort because of the problems they can have.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a bit of a pontless exercise to me. Think it's 300mm from metallic objects but we have fitted hundred's in close proximity to the boiler itself and had no issues which would seem to be related to where the reciever is mounted.

well we have the unit now so i am happy to use it.

As for the placement of the it ,it does make more sense to have it in the room, thankyou for the info about 300mm.

so with that sorted i guess i am back now to wiring it up.

So with the boiler wired from the switch, Earth/Neutral/live to the boiler.

And then me removing the link, and wiring LS to A and LR to B

sorry but where do the wires come from/go to, that go to the N L L connections on the Relay box?

Hi,

Only use the 1 live.

Either take a 4 core from the boiler (L, N, A &B) or take L&N from the spur which supplies the boiler.

HTH Sam

thankyou for the simple reply.

and again sorry for what was probably a simple problem that i was now abviously overcomplicating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back