worcester heatslave 9-24 divertor valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the unfortunate pleasure of changing a divertor valve on a worcester heatslave 9-24 tommorow morning, and i was wondering if any of you guys had changed one before and could give me any info and tips because i haven't ever changed one before, and am going in blind!!!

cheers, Jim

Sponsored Links
Dont forget to turn off the water and drain system to below boiler.
DON'T use the isolating valves or drain via PRV.

remove micro switch (held in place with cir-clip)

drain heat and hw/remove hw heat ex/wires to flow sensor couple of nuts and 4 screws

remove divertor

renew fibre washers

Some models you have to remove the gas valve to get at it!

Tony

Sponsored Links
cheers for the advice guys, but it was the easiest one i have ever changed!!! typical isnt it,

i was speaking to a friend of mine who is also, CORGI registered, or GAS SAFE registered as you all know it is now!! and he was saying the one he changed actually reduced him to tears, and he spent 12 hours there!! but this as i say was the easiest diverter valve i have ever changed, in and out in an hour and a half, bish bash bosh!!! he must have got confused for a different model, or was just trying to wind me up!!! either way, thanks guys!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back