Worcester heatslave12/18 hot water no c/h

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,called out to a heatslave 12/18 which has been idle for many months.To cut a long story short I got the boiler working.The problem is it is only heating up the hot water.The diverter valve is working as is the pump.All the wiring has been checked all the valves are open everything is getting the right signals.The only thing that could be a problem is the c/h thermostat which fires up somtimes and not others and only seems to run for a few minutes before shuttiing off ,can anyone confirm that it is a faulty stat or suggest what else the problem could be.
Regards,
NACD.

Sponsored Links
Hi ,called out to a heatslave 12/18 which has been idle for many months.To cut a long story short I got the boiler working.The problem is it is only heating up the hot water.The diverter valve is working as is the pump.All the wiring has been checked all the valves are open everything is getting the right signals.The only thing that could be a problem is the c/h thermostat which fires up somtimes and not others and only seems to run for a few minutes before shuttiing off ,can anyone confirm that it is a faulty stat or suggest what else the problem could be.
Regards,
NACD.

Test the stat for continuity, check the manufacturers instructions for what reading you can expect at certain temperatures.

If the stat is okay, you can rule it out as being the problem, without spending any money on parts.

I take it that this is an Oil fired GREENSTAR Heatslave??
Most likely cause is air trapped in the boiler pipework however you need to measure the water temperature at the thermostat pocket location and see if it is in the expected range ;)

I take it that this is an Oil fired GREENSTAR Heatslave??
Most likely cause is air trapped in the boiler pipework however you need to measure the water temperature at the thermostat pocket location and see if it is in the expected range ;)

Copycat ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi vicvapour and boilerman 2,Ihave been back to the heatslave 12/18 boiler and tried out your suggestions but no luck there.But I decided to trace the pipework to the first rad to see if I could find a blockage or airlock in the system,as I did this I noticed some new boxing in and paintwork near the ceiling in the kitchen where I thought the piperun would be which I thought was odd .I decided to open it up and there were two gate valves on the flow and return pipes which had been covered up and yes they were shut ,so problem solved happy days :D

Made up you got is sorted m8.

The overheat stat was kicking in becuase the flow (Central Heating hot water out) had no where to go because the gate valves were closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back