Worcesterbosh digistst problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help!

My greenstar 30cdi boiler is controlled by a wireless controller (not sure if it's a DT10 RF or DT20 RF Optimser). The heating switched off at 9pm (actually, I took out the batteries out of the unit) and awoke a 2am to find that the heating was on! When I checked the boiler, there was a flashing ch symbol.

This has happened before when no heating is being demanded but the ch somehow switches itself on.

I've checked around on the internet and wonder if there is radio interference somewhere. Is it possible, that my neighbour's system is controlling mine?

Tonight, I left the controller near my iPhone which was plugged in and charging and recently switched broadband providers. The only way to shut down the heating is to switch it off from the mains.

This is the second time the problem has happened and this is the second unit i've bought as the first one stopped recognising the temperature of the room and so the boiler didn't switch on.

I bought the wireless one for convenience. Should I go back to the mechanical version or get it wired.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Hi, there's a snowflake icon in the boiler I'd that's what you mean. I've never moved the dial to that setting as I thought you used it if you're away bit want to leave the boiler running?

As I'm at work now, I've switched off the boiler just in case it powers up while I'm out.

Thanks for replying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back