Worcestor 35cdi boiler. Low pressure, no idea how to repressurise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to the forum and have searched extensively on the forum.

Have moved into a new house, it has a heating system I've never encountered before.

So we have a greenstar 35cdi boiler that is just less than five years old.

The pressure is down below 1 and in the red. I have looked extensively and can't see anywhere on the system to repressurise. (I'll attach pics separetely)

We have rehau underfloor heating which seems to be working fine when switched on.

Hot water is rubbish as is water pressure.

We also have a smartline hot water cylinder (pic attached). Is the gas supposed to heat this or is it more of an immersion system? Had the switch beside the clock turned on for a while and we had loads of hot water, however looking at gas and electric meters, we've spent a fortune.

We are really struggling with the whole system tbh.

Any help or direction in the above would be great.

Attachments

• 20221030_165849.jpg
    20221030_165849.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 20221030_165931.jpg
    20221030_165931.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20221030_165937.jpg
    20221030_165937.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Your boiler heats the hot water cylinder ,and there is likely an electric immersion heater in the cylinder as a back up ,but I can't see it in your pic.
The filling loop often looks like a silver ,braided ,flexible hose. And it's not visible in your pics.

I don't seem to have the filling loop to attach the key to unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
It's a system boiler ,and it doesn't have an internal filling loop. Your filling loop will very likely be somewhere near the hot water cylinder.

Like this? So if I allow some water to flow, it should increase the pressure on the boiler?
20221030_184536.jpg

That's your filling loop. Black plastic handles on both ends ,1/4 turn on both opens the filling loop and allows water into the system to increase pressure. When upto around 1.4 bar ,close both back to original positons

That's your filling loop. Black plastic handles on both ends ,1/4 turn on both opens the filling loop and allows water into the system to increase pressure. When upto around 1.4 bar ,close both back to original positons
Sorted.. thanks for this.
Never had this system before so trying to get to grips with it is difficult enough.

Reactions: CBW
Like this? So if I allow some water to flow, it should increase the pressure on the boiler?
There’s usually a pressure gauge on the pipework too, the one uppermost in that photo could be the one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back