Worceter 240 combi permanent hot water even when tap not on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My worcester 240 combi tripped via the overtemp sensor. When reset the boiler fires up even though the boiler is set to hot water only and no taps are on. Needless to say the boiler trips again due to overheating. I have removed the flow micro switch from the divertor valve and it seems ok. On looking at the pin on the diverter valve it doesn't seem to move if I turn a tap on or not and when the micro switch is re-installed the pin on the diverter valve is activating the flow switch causing the boiler to fie.

I'm presuming its the diverter valve which needs replacing I would just some clarification from people more experienced than myself.

If I do need to replace the diverter valve will I have to re-pressurize the expansion tank to 0.5bar, if so how do I do this.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Yes - the diverter valve is stuck in the 'hot water' position.

Yes - probably most effective, quickest and cheapest option is to replace it, not repair it.

If my memory serves, this boiler is infested with O rings and tends to leak after re-assembly. Not a DIY option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back