Worceter Highflow 3.5 BF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All
I inherited an old Worceter Highflow 3.5 BF in the house that I moved in few months ago. I managed to get it going by replacing the pump, the diverter valve, the control timer and the pump overrun pcb broad. It has worked perfectly for few months then the pilot started going off on weekly basis.
Following some threads in this forum, it suggests here are that two things I need to look at i.e thermocouple and cleaning pilot injector, it might be partially blocked.
I would like to try and clean the pilot injector as well as the thermocouple before thinking of replacing them. Can I clean them without taking them a part by just remove shield around them and what sort of material I need to use?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Corgi job mate, really, even though you're obviously a capable chap.

Have you got the Installation and Servicing Instructions book? I have, and I don't need it any longer, so if you want it, it's yours for the cost of the postage or I'll scan a couple of pages and email them.

Kevin

I would like to try and clean the pilot injector as well as the thermocouple before thinking of replacing them. Can I clean them without taking them a part by just remove shield around them and what sort of material I need to use?

You might be lucky but best way to clean injector is by taking it out.
Material best for the job is compressed air.
Thermocouple either works or it doesn't.
The man on the job should be able to diagnose which part is faulty

Sponsored Links
Dear all,
Many thanks the replies,
Fumf , many thanks for the offer, yes I have the installation and service manual, it arrives this morning from Worcester Bosch

Slugbabydotcom, thanks for the advice regarding the thermocouple, I will concentrate on the injector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back