worchester 240 RSF fully modulating?Can I use Thermo Shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Searched the forum and internet but couldn't find any answer to this.

My boiler is Wochester 240 RSF. I'm fed up with electric showers. Can I install a Thermostatic Mixer Shower with this boiler?

I found the manuals etc. It says my boiler is modulating but it doesn't say if it is a fully modulating or step modulating one. I know I can't use the thermo showers with step modulating boilers.

Or alternatively can I use non-thermostatic normal mixer for shower. that's another question...

cheers!

Sponsored Links
section 9:11 of the manufacturers instructions for your boiler refer to operating with thermostatically controlled showers and mixer taps so I think it must be fully modulating its easy to test , open a tap fully and the boiler wil go to full flame gradually slow down the flow to the tap and see if the flame gradually lowers if it does then its fully modulating , if its step modulation you will hear a click as it just goes to low flame hope this helps

Just noticed in section 2:4 of the manu instructions it tells you that your boiler is fully modulating in both HW and CH modes so go ahead and install a mixer shower.

cheers
Ian

It should work OK providing the boiler gas settings are correct.

However, I always prefer non thermostatic showers with a combi boiler as some combinations can interact and cause temperature oscillations.

Remember the boiler can only supply one hot outlet at a time.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Fantastic! Thanks a lot guys!

I've seen that "fully modulating contols" comment on 2.4 but I thought it's talking about the control knobs etc.

I am actually using non-thermostatic mixer shower in my main flat. I was actually asking for my other flat which I rent out.

So I think I'd go ahead and get a non-thermostatic one as I'm using that already and I'm very happy with it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back