worchester 28i boiler - need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have bled the radiators today, and following instructions have checked the boiler, the pressure meter is at 0. I found the tap underneath and turned it the only way it would go, but the pressure does not seem to increase (after approx 10 minutes) When I first turned the tap I heard a rush of water but now nothing.

The heating and hot water is switched off, but the red light is still on.

Is there something I am doing wrong?? Please help

Sponsored Links
I found the tap underneath and turned it the only way it would go, but the pressure does not seem to increase (after approx 10 minutes) When I first turned the tap I heard a rush of water but now nothing.

the tap? :?: :eek:

Worcesters have an integrated filling system.
Look up from below the boiler, you should see a plastic attachment with a hole in it approximately 12mm and a little grey know next to it.
You may have to remove a grill to see this.
You need to stick the filling key in the whole, turn it so it locks and then open the plastic know a few turns to let the water in.
As you asked the question, I guess that you do not have the manual

Sponsored Links
first off if its a sealed system and you have lost the pressure by bleeding the radiators then you need to top it back up using the cold fill loop.
whats that i hear you ask?
it should be a clearly identifiable point with 2 valves a check valve and a short braided hose with 2x 1/2" bsp detatchable fittings.
incidentally this should by law be detatched wrac.

reconnect hose.
open both valves and pressure to 1.2bar as an average.
shut valves.
disconnest cold fill loop.

whatdo iknow?

Fir a start you dont seem to know that the Worcester has a built in filling loop ( even though there were strong clues to this in the replies already given! )

Tony

System filling and make-up

To comply with the Water Authority requirements, the system should
be filled via a temporary hose connection to the mains cold water
supply, with a double check valve assembly and test point fitted to
the mains water side of a temporary circuit.

Alternatively, for the
i Junior combi boilers, the plug in filling loop option (part number
7 716 192 281, see page 22 for photograph), simply connects
between the cold main connection and the heating return circuit on
the wall mounting jig.

thanks all for your help so far

I have had another look and located the mains water supply hose, (cold filling loop??) this doesnt seem to be fitted at one end to anything. It has a plastic cover screw.

I have taken off the grill from underneath the boiler and can not locate where I would fit the non connected end of the cold filling loop onto. I read the manual online and obviously it has to connect to the same pipe. I can see a connector on the pipe next to the mains altohugh it is labelled differently (see picture 1)

I have included a couple of pictures to assist

This does not look like the Worcester 24i which I normally see !

Perhaps it really is a Worchester?

However, the filling loop is shown in the left hand picture. The connector needs to be screwed onto the non return valve before use otherwise you may get wet!

Tony

You do not appear to have the w-b filling system, so it is probably a matter of connecting the silver hose to what looks like the connector on the other pipe.
If you look at the clear picture of the pipes, you can see leak residue on the mains cable and the aps, which is 230 as well.
Get it sorted asap as this can be life threatening in case your electrical installation is not up to spec. if it is done as well as your heating, it would not pass an inspection

hi, thanks for getting back to me

It is the 28i worcester

I live in a rented flat :cry: this has turned out to be a disaster i should have left the radiators alone

You suggest i connect the grey flexible hose into the only connecter I can see, which is on the next pipe labelled @central heating return@

What happens if i dont repressurise the boiler ? the hot water aswell as the heating comes from the boiler.

The boiler will not work if its not pressurised.

If you try to use it then you will risk damaging it.

I never understand why people want to go bleeding rads when there is no need to or they dont know enough the manage the problem.

TENANTS, please NEVER touch the heating system or boilers, just call the landlord!

In your case just attach the filling loop and repressurise to 1.5 Bar.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back