Working on Chimney...

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that I have a somewhat cavalier approach to my own well being at times :eek: but unfortunately those roof hooks are no good for you as they only work over a ridge.
I make my own bespoke roof ladders with 22mm slaters laths, then I wrap pipe insulation where they drop onto the roof tiles just to spread the load.
I use a mobile scaffold, lashed to the building through the windows, often enough, then brace the ladder onto that, with another rope lashing around the chimney.
Crazy maybe but a kosher scaffold is the only alternative, really.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Put the ladders at such an angle that they are lying flat along the tiles and secure the bottom.
Then take the odd tile out(to the left)for foot holes(as suggested previously). Jobs a guddun.

old style scaffold towers seem quire cheap on ebay, I bought one for £40 earlier in the year for a similar job. It foes together quite well, it wasn't very stable when hanging over the edge so I ratchet strapped the base to the wheel of my car. Worked a treat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back