worktop edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've bought some of the edge strip for a worktop and glued it in place with impact adhesive. Problem i have is the worktop is 28mm round edge and the edge strip is 32mm square.. what do i use to trim it down to size.. its really thick and a stanley blade struggles.. i dont want to sand it as i might damage the worktop?
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I assume that the edging is of the plastic variety rather than a wood veneer. They can be tricky as they are very brittle. If you have a router with a flush trim bit, this would be best.

You can score round the edge trim with a stanley knife, dont try to cut through in one go, it wont work, you should be able to break it after it is well scored. Make sure you leave a little proud for sanding, do this with a fine grade paper.

What I do is to use a very sharp chisel and slowly work your way along moving the chisel side to side. Make sure the glue is well stuck first and take your time. Then clean it up with a plane

Sponsored Links
Low angle block plane works well or a file tilted slightly down to miss the surface of the worktop.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back