Worsester Bosch green star 18i system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have the boiler quoted that was fitted about 2 1/2 years ago. A few days ago after the programmer heating went off a few nights ago we noticed the boiler was still running and heating the rads. The thermostat was on 22 but the room temp was up to about 26. So with the stat below temp and the programmer timed off the boiler was still sending hot water around the rads. I powered off the system and turned back on again. It appeared to be back to normal. However the same happened tonight. I was wondering if this is a problem with the boiler or if it would be the 3 way valve in the airing cupboard.

I would appreciate any help/ suggestions ?!

Thanks in advance

Simon

Sponsored Links
Hi - thanks for you reply. Unfortunately the link is not working On your last post ?
Simon

try doing a search for worcester 24ri, dont know why the links not working on your computer, its fine on mine .

copied from a post by keego

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for that Andy. I rang Worcester Tech today & they confirmed what you said about the capacitor, it seems they've known about this for a while yet obviously decided this bit of information is not worthwhile putting in the MIs for the boiler.
For future reference the capacitor is a 0.47uF 275v MPX2, £1.58 from Maplins
This links the neutral & switched live to boiler ( Orange wire in the wiring center )

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=823436#823436#ixzz1ir8KnYIr

Sponsored Links
Hello again, Sorry but have tried on another pc but still cannot see the link you sent ?! :( Is there any way you could copy the relevent text or someting as I am very interested to see what it said.
I am not sure if it will be relevent though as on the link you quoted worcester 24ri but I have an 18i - would whatever problen exist across the range.
Thanks for your help
Simon

You need a capacitor between the orange (switched live from the 3 port ) and neutral, this will stop the backfeed voltage that is keeping your boiler running,

if you look at my last post you will see the information you need posted by keego.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back