Worst showers, Best showers? (non electric)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,

What are the worst and best showers in your experience - from a point of view of :-

Quality of design - filters in feeds, feed pressure adjustment? etc.

Quality of construction - cheap and nasty or solid and professional?

Quality of operation - does it work properly and consistently ?

Ease of installation - fiddly or straight forward? is the fitting kit sufficient or are extra adaptors or other parts required?

Ease of maintenance - spares, and ease/difficulty of changing O rings etc.

Operating problems - any return visits required? hard water problems etc.

Ease of use - can taps be operated with soapy hands? temperature regulation? flow etc.

I want to find the best and the worst non electric showers on the market. I have searched the forum, but cannot find such a survey. Mods, ideally this request would go into the professional plumbers section. Any chance?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sponsored Links
If i'm fitting for a landlord I go for the cheapest bar mixer from the likes of screwfix/toolstation etc. The reason for this is that it will probably be abused but will last the length of two or three tenancys and when it packs up its a 10 minute job to replace for the next cheapo bar mixer.

I put an aqualisa visage digital in my own place and I love it.

Worst showers Plumbsure from B&Q.
Best: Bristan, Aqualisa, Triton, Grohe............ In my experience of course

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back