Worster Bosch 42CDi slow hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've just had a 42CDi fitted but are really dissapointed with how slow the hot water is to come through: The bathrom sink is right above the boiler, so only has about 3m of pipe to it, but it's over 30 seconds (~6 litres of water) before the water is coming through hot enough to be usable.

We had a very patronising guy come from WB to have a look who initially said it was completely normal, then said he'd found an issue which he fixed, but it's still as slow as before.

So, as a sanity check, I'd just really apprecite an opinion as to whether this performance is normal or not, or am I expecting too much having just paid almost £1.5k for a boiler.

Oh, and I've tried switching the eco mode off (preheat on), but no noticable difference.

Thanks a lot, Jim.

Sponsored Links
whats your mains presure like ?
did your installer covert the mains?

Not having seen your system but here goes on gut feeling

Most probably had a conventional system installed originally and the water is having to go via the old hot water cylinder location before getting to the tap so its not the boilers fault rather its due to the deadleg to the tap

If you have the ecomode off and nodys used for a while hold the hot water outlet on the and get somebody to turn the hot tap on ....... if the pipe gets hot almost instantly then its not a boiler fault rather the plumbing

Hi, thanks for the quick replies.

The mains pressure is good - the installer was very happy with it, so shouldn't be an issue there.

Sherbert, you are right that the new boiler is replacing an old conventional system. However, all the unnecessary pipework for the old system has been removed, as has the ceiling between the boiler and the bathroom (long story), so I can litterally see all the pipe between the boiler and the tap - as I say, it's less than 3metres.

So, I just tried your excellent suggesting to turn the tap on and feel the pipes at the radiator: result - it was >10secs before the gas light came on, and about 25 secs before any sign of the water heating up.

Does that count as 'almost instantly'...?

Thanks again, Jim.

Sponsored Links
What size is the pipe between the boiler and the bath taps?

Did you really only pay £1500 for the boiler supply and install?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back