Worx 18v Hammer Drill

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by adam1984, 23 Feb 2012.

1. adam1984

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Argos have the Orange Worx hammer drill on offer at £49.99. I would be using for light to medium trade use. Does anyone have any experiance of this drill? I have a couple of Worx tools (Circ saw and Sander) that get used very very rarely and the seem ok but any opinions will be a great help.

2. big-all

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i rate ryobi as diy light to medium trade
    get this set for a ton
    http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=146394
    and all these tools will fit the batteries
    http://uk.ryobitools.eu/one-plus-the-world-s-most-flexible-cordless-tool-system.htm

worxs tools fail few spares and limited backup
    ryobi all spare and backup available

that drill it has a 3- 5hr charge no mention off the battery capacity or if its 1 or 2 batteries
    never buy a tools that takes longer than 1 hr to charge always go for 1.5ah plus[except li-ions] and make sure you have more than 1 battery

3. Homervanderjazz

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    screwfix are doing some good deals for around £99 on Makita and Dewalt drills, I know this is double the price for the drill you mentioned but these may be better for trade use. I had a look on the Argos site myself as was looking to buy a drill, most of the drills they have seem to be for someone who likes to do a bit of DIY and not really for trade use. I was at one point going to buy the bosch 18v drill they have which is pricey but I read quite a lot of bad reviews and decided against it. I know you said light trade use but it might be false economy to buy the £49 one if it does not last or do the job you want it to. Just my opinion but I would say pay a bit more for a better drill.