would faulty pump blow fuse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi got my programmer going out the fuse in airing cupoard keeps blowing 2amp this fuse blows when programmer on but not actually calling boiler to do anything if that makes any sense

Sponsored Links
if theirs no call for the boiler then the pump won't be running.
so id be checking the programmer etc.

cheers guys ,the programmer is new a direct replacement for the old one,i changed it as old one knackered the new programmer comes on then fuses out upstairs.what i found was when i preessed the programmer for either hot water or central heating the fuse blows

Sponsored Links
cheers guys ,the programmer is new a direct replacement for the old one,i changed it as old one knackered the new programmer comes on then fuses out upstairs.what i found was when i preessed the programmer for either hot water or central heating the fuse blows

so you are putting a call out for heating/hw.
then i would try disconnecting the pump first as thats easy job.
check if the pump turns by removing the centre screw.

hi got my programmer going out the fuse in airing cupoard keeps blowing 2amp this fuse blows when programmer on but not actually calling boiler to do anything if that makes any sense

it doesnt matter if the programmer is calling for heat, most modern boilers have a permanent supply to them nowadays so there could still be a fault in the boiler/wiring
you dont say what make of boiler yours is.

also a frost stat could be calling for heat

A faulty pump could cause a fuse to blow, though as seco has said, the pump would not normally be running without a call for heat, but there is an exception to this.
if you have a gravity hotwater/pumped CH and the programmer has not been set up correctly ie set to pumped instead of gravity, then you would have the ability to run the pump without a call for heat on the boiler

is there a call for ch on the programmer when the fuse blows?

as also stated there could be a fault on a zone valve etc
do you own a multimeter if so,then some more info on your system would be helpful

Ah an update
so you are putting a call out for heating/hw.
then i would try disconnecting the pump first as thats easy job.
check if the pump turns by removing the centre screw.

Agreed

Matt

right guys thanks i will start with the pump as this and the thermstat all wired in a junction box were the fuse is i will update to see if i get there sorry forgot to say the boiler is the dreaded ideal he18 and danfoss programmer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back