Wylex fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I\\\'m new to the group. I have a Wylex fuse box and don\\\'t have a manual for it. Can someone please tell me how to change a fuse on it or do I need an electrician?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is it one with MCB's in i.e. the ones with little levers to reset each circuit after clearing the fault, or an older one with fuses in it?

A photo would be areat.

Are you asking how to rewire a plug in old style fuse, or how to take one out and put in one of a different rating? Or how to change a cartridge type fuse in the consumer unit?

Assuming you mean fuse, not little switch thing mcb.

Sponsored Links
DPerry said:
Hi I\\\'m new to the group.

Hi guys, aaaaIm new to the group, im from allllabamma nd AI' fancy my best freinds mumma

:LOL: :LOL:

(JERRY -JERRY -JERRY! kinda discussion group)

You need a manual for your Wylex board???????

If so, ring 0161 998 5454 (Electrium, parent of Wylex and ask for Wylex technical) and tell them what model you have. (Code should be on front).

They may have some info knocking about.

I must admit I'm tempted to suggest that if you need a manual to change or rewire a fuse you perhaps shouldn't be contemplating it.

If it's a case of "I'm sure I know what to do, but I will carry out due diligence and check any written instructions", then go ahead, but if it's "I really don't have a clue what to do" then I'd say don't do it.

Hey, don't you remember that rewiring a fuse is considered so difficult that they are no longer recomended, though not yet banned?

The worst complaint people seem to have about fuses is the risk of people using the wrong fusewire.

make sure you clean out all the old melted stuff and do not stretch the wire tight when you do up the screws either end of the carrier.

They even tell you something about the fault, if the wire just melted or absolutely vapourised!

the other issue with fuses both reqireable and cartige is people replaceing/rewiring and then reinserting against a short

...And getting their fingers burnt in the process.

Personally I am in favour of MCB's = cost nothing to reset, better protection, and just flick it back on after replacing the blown bulb = simple.

ZenStalinist said:
Plus the fusewire blows far too slowly and is far too tolerant.

Eeh, there's nowt wrong wi' tolerance, lad, in ower society today......

Yeah mate, but I never ever ever ever ever have to replace a blown fuse just because some stupid bulb blew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back