Y plan central heating......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I am a keen DIYer and I am currently trying to get a boiler fitted into my house. I have a gas fitter coming to fit the boiler, run and connect the gas pipe. It is a Ravenheat system boiler and I am going to tackle the pipe work for the hot water and central heating system myself.

I've been trawling the web for a Y plan central heating kit and I get real differences in prices of the kits that seem to be the same.

I am looking at Honeywell Smartfit Y Plan kits and theres a real difference, but also theres a small price difference between these and the Honeywell Sundial kits. I can't really see much difference in these kits and wondered if any of you guys had any thoughts or advice on installing a new system like this? Or if there was a different system that you would recommend?

Thanks very much for your help....

Kev

Sponsored Links
Smartfit isn't particularly popular round my way, installers prefer the traditional wired systems - they allow more flexibility and are easier (and probably cheaper to diagnose faults with).

Have you considered S plan - this is the easiest system to wire up - many Y plan systems installed don't function correctly as the hot water "off" feed from the timeclock is missed out!

traditional wired Y-plan kits from Danfoss about £70.

if you go for Smart Fit you will have to fit Smart Fit products when parts expire. Not as easy to buy if you are desperate and more expensive than standard interchangable stats, programmers, valves etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back