Yale Alarm - Loud annoying random beeping from the handset

I don't know anyone who's disabled it due to false activations. Do you?

I have told you in the past that I know people who have had to disable jamming detection after complaints from their neighbours. Some of them have chucked the system into the bin,

Yale do it by default according to their own "Help" information.

jamming detect default.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi

We have a Yale alarm that we fitted ourselves we have had it in for 2 years now without any problems but 2 days ago it started randomly beeping (this is not the fault beep as I have heard this before when batteries needed changing) This is louder and there doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it the keypad freezes and you cant do anything until the beeping stops. The fault light is not lit and there is nothing on the fault log has anyone got any ideas of how to stop the beeping as it is very irritating.

Hi, I had this same issue and managed to resolve it so thought I'd share my findings.

Process of elimination:
1. I tested the A/C adapter with multi-metre and this was fine.
2. I disconnected the phone cable and this did not fix the issue.
3. I opened the control unit (just 4 screws) and changed the internal rechargeable battery but this did not resolve the issue either.

The fix:
Whilst the unit was open, I un-screwed the circuit boards (only a few screws). There are several little boards inside. You need to be careful of some of the cables. I did unplug some making sure I knew where they went. It wasn't hard. I then used electrical contact cleaner and cotton wall buds and cleaned all the switches and buttons carefully but thoroughly. I then put the circuit boards back and re-attached any cables and tested again and all was good.
You may not have to unscrew the circuit boards like I did. You may get away with spraying the electric contact cleaner over the buttons etc but you may not get a good clean without taking it apart or partially apart.
The good thing about electrical contact cleaner is that it evaporates quickly and is effective in removing grease, dirt etc.

I hope this helps others having the same issue.

Hi

We have a Yale alarm that we fitted ourselves we have had it in for 2 years now without any problems but 2 days ago it started randomly beeping (this is not the fault beep as I have heard this before when batteries needed changing) This is louder and there doesn’t seem to be any pattern to it the keypad freezes and you cant do anything until the beeping stops. The fault light is not lit and there is nothing on the fault log has anyone got any ideas of how to stop the beeping as it is very irritating.

Hi, I had this same issue and managed to resolve it so thought I'd share my findings.

Process of elimination:
1. I tested the A/C adapter with multi-metre and this was fine.
2. I disconnected the phone cable and this did not fix the issue.
3. I opened the control unit (just 4 screws) and changed the internal rechargeable battery but this did not resolve the issue either.

The fix:
Whilst the unit was open, I un-screwed the circuit boards (only a few screws). There are several little boards inside. You need to be careful of some of the cables. I did unplug some making sure I knew where they went. It wasn't hard. I then used electrical contact cleaner and cotton wall buds and cleaned all the switches and buttons carefully but thoroughly. I then put the circuit boards back and re-attached any cables and tested again and all was good.
You may not have to unscrew the circuit boards like I did. You may get away with spraying the electric contact cleaner over the buttons etc but you may not get a good clean without taking it apart or partially apart.
The good thing about electrical contact cleaner is that it evaporates quickly and is effective in removing grease, dirt etc.

I hope this helps others having the same issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back