Yale Alarm - Loud annoying random beeping from the handset

Thanks, it's definitely not a warning beep. I've read through the manual and the beeps are too random for it to be a warning, and there's nothing in the fault logs. The warning light doesn't even come on. The keypad becomes unresponsive when it happens which supports what I've observed about it being the up button triggering as I wouldn't expect you to be able to press two keys at once.

We inherited this alarm unit when we moved house so don't know if liquid or smoke played a part, although it's position on the wall would suggest not. It doesn't even seem to be that the key is sticky as it doesn't occur after the key has been pressed, it's completely random and intermittent. We went for weeks without it happening and at the moment it's happening at least once a day (usually in the middle of the night :sleep:) and our only option is to completely switch the unit off. It seems like it might be some sort of fault with the button electronics or the membrane. I might try giving it a clean and see if that helps before we have to start looking at replacing it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sbk
Sponsored Links
@Em_CG any updates. Our yale control panel which is the same model as of yours has started doing the exact thing. The timing seems very coincidental. Any luck figuring out what might be going on?

I don't understand why it randomly keeps beeping without any fault code. The panel also becomes unresponsive when this is happening. Driving us crazy now.

Hi all, we have the exact same issue with our HSA6400. It’s around 2 years old too. Has anyone found a fix?

My personal opinion is to rip these out and start with something better.

Not seen anything of the resident Yale expert in a while

Sponsored Links
If I completely remove the panel, do I need to deactivate the siren box as well on the exterior wall? Don’t fancy borrowing the long ladder to get to it. Could I just leave it there as a deterrent? I’ve been looking at the Ring alarm kits instead.

Sorry for a bumping the thread, I've installed a Ring system now but still haven't removed the control panel of the faulty Yale. I'm thinking to just throw out the Yale kit but I want to leave the siren box outside on the wall as a deterrent. As I can't reach the siren without borrowing a long ladder, will the siren sound until it runs out of battery if I remove the control panel? I'm hoping that as the Yale system is now disarmed now that it won't actually send a signal to sound the siren. Or is there a failsafe in the siren which will make it sound in circumstances where the system thinks it's being tampered with even though it's not armed?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry I don't know.

If the panel is not working I doubt it will sent an "Alarm!" signal to the siren. The siren will just stay at whatever condition it was last set. It will sound if you take it off the wall due to the Tamper sensor. The batteries will last around three years.

if it does get triggered, it will sound for (up to) 20 minutes before stopping, unless it is triggered again.

You can sell a Yale HSA siren and sensors on ebay if they are in fair condition, they can be "learned in" to extend the coverage of some other user's installation. When I put a Yale on a largish house it had two sirens, three door contacts, and six PIRs to cover the stairs and all the downstairs rooms. They can also be used, without a control panel, using button fobs or a keypad. The control panel, if working, fetches the best price.

I ripped out a wireless Yale system this week. Took the devices off walls and doors the bell and internal hub didn't bat an eyelid. Disconnected the hub and still the bell didn’t sound, even taking the lid off the bell it made no noise. Obviously I’m not guaranteeing yours won’t make any noise though

Yale alarm boxes have to be told by a command via wireless to sound, some other alarm boxes have to be told repeatedly not to sound, if the commands to keep silent stop for any reason then the alarm box ( siren ) will sound.

As mentioned the mechanical tamper switch will cause the siren to sound if the box is tampered with,

There is one other reason the siren to sound. Jamming detection which means the siren will sound if it's wireless receiver is blocked by radio interference.

Jamming detection in the siren is often disabled as it can cause too many false alarms.

Did anyone find a solution for stopping the alarm panel beeping & getting the buttons working again? Mine has started this morning & is driving me mad. Help!

Anybody scrapping one with this problem? You can post it to me and I'll tinker.

I don't know anyone who's disabled it due to false activations. Do you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back