Yale HSA 3500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yale 3500, old yes but has been working ok.
Entry door,2Pirs,back and garage doors, suddenly came to a halt, Pirs upstairs work, as well as smoke detector.
Have changed batteries, and re entered them in control box, removing them first.
They all work if I take control unit within 6 feet, weird any ideas , anyone.

Sponsored Links
Have you or anyone else installed anything else wireless on that range like a doorbell, weather station, baby monitor, video sender or other alarm system?

Or a new Internet router? It is possible (but not common) if your next door neighbour has fitted something

I have known it happen where metalwork was installed in the house (in my case it was decorators scaffolding in the hall stairwell, so only temporary and only affected the hall keypad)

Try moving the control panel around the house while you are running a walk test. there may be a better place for it.

If the signal is subject to interference, it is useful to set the panel to chime "bing bong" when the front or back doors are opened. If you don't hear the chime, it alerts you of something wrong.

Sponsored Links
Have you or anyone else installed anything else wireless on that range like a doorbell, weather station, baby monitor, video sender or other alarm system?

Hi Cybergibbons, yes you are right, put new batteries in door bell, just before it started to play up. did not know this, but had already ordered a new alarm. disconnected door bell and it worked, strange because it was installed a couple of years ago.
Thanks anyway much appreciated

Or a new Internet router? It is possible (but not common) if your next door neighbour has fitted something

I have known it happen where metalwork was installed in the house (in my case it was decorators scaffolding in the hall stairwell, so only temporary and only affected the hall keypad)

Try moving the control panel around the house while you are running a walk test. there may be a better place for it.

If the signal is subject to interference, it is useful to set the panel to chime "bing bong" when the front or back doors are opened. If you don't hear the chime, it alerts you of something wrong.

Thanks johnD the problem was the door bell, but also you were right too, moved the control panel within six feet and it worked, not knowing it was the door bell, thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back