Yale HSA6400 Away Entry setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a yale HSA6400 system.

I have added a PIR as an away entry device, but it still seems to trigger the door chime feature when activated. The instructions say it shouldnt do that.

I want my doors to trigger the door chime but not the PIR. Anyone seen that before?
thanks

Sponsored Links
I am afraid that ANY device set as an ENTRY device will trigger the chime if the chime is set as on.

So your PIR will trigger the chime sound too.

The only way around it is to either NOT have the pir set as an entry device or to have the chime function completely turned off.

One other option is to set the PIR to burglar but to position it so that you don't fall within its view when coming in the home or down the stairs.

If the pir sensor is in the same room as the door you have as your entry you could face the sensor away from the door to one side perhaps?

thanks for your help.,

I can set it as burglar. I am 90% sure that while the entry timer is counting down, that triggering a burglar device won't abort the countdown to set off the siren immediately. But I need to try it to be sure.

Yes you need to make sure you cannot be caught by the burglar device.

I have managed before in open plan lounges where the stairs come into the room to position the sensors so that the windows are still covered but you can still walk down the stairs and through the room to get to the kitchen or wherever the panel is without setting off the system. Just remember if you do that the field of the sensor is 110 degrees not 90 degrees so it will have to be further accross than you think not to get triggered.

Sponsored Links
And if a child comes down, and does not adhere strictly to the "path" what then?

Then you have the conversation about how they will manage the alarm at weekends for example when they are in bed on Sunday and the kids get up and want to go downstairs.

The options being..

A-Educating the children (dependent on age)

B-or the fitment of another remote keypad upstairs to turn the alarm off before coming down

C-or indeed using the remote keypad from the downstairs holder and taking upstairs to go next to the bed.

I don't reccommend C to be honest as that way the remote keypad can get lost or end up at the bottom of a toy box.

Why did you ask did the original poster mention any children? :confused:

I have given the options for you anyway to help you in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back