Yale HSA6400 Control Panel tamper query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster - & what a wealth of information this forum is.

I recently purchased a Yale HSA6400 premium alarm, and although I'm happy with it, I have a concern about the tamper siren not triggering when the panel is removed from the mounting bracket.

I've delved into the programming & set all tamper functions to "on", however, I cannot get the alarm to to activate when the panel is removed from the bracket.

The outdoor siren (bell box) tampers work fine.

Am I missing something here?

Sponsored Links
The anti-tamper setting is used when you are about to change batteries. Once set, it expires after one hour. The ordinary sensors have a spring that presses against the wall, I can't remember what the sensor on the panel looks like. IIRC it does not set until the panel is correctly mounted into its wall bracket, so during installation you can carry it around with you. If you remove the power plug and turn off the battery it resets again.

Take some of the other sensors off the wall, or open their covers, this will (should) send the tamper signal. If your panel does not react, then you have probably got tamper "off" or it is in walk test/programme mode.

Exit this and arm the system, then try moving the panel again.

If it does, then it is probably the sensor on the pack of the panel not triggering.

"Away Arm Only" is the system default and it will record the tamper as a fault in the log, but not sound, if it is disarmed or Home Armed. This is in the Advanced Settings menu under "tamper alarm," not with the Siren settings.

Last edited:
Is the Control panel tamper meant to sound only when the system is armed, or should it also sound if unarmed & the control panel is removed from the bracket?

"Away Arm Only" is the system default and it will record the tamper as a fault in the log, but not sound, if it is disarmed or Home Armed. This is in the Advanced Settings menu under "tamper alarm," not with the Siren settings.

so as standard it would only sound when armed.

Sponsored Links
Thank you.

That explains why it doesn't function when unarmed.

I was under the impression it might have triggered both ways.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back