Yale or Respones wireless alarm??

Or the very next time they armed or disarmed the system & no confirmation pip came from the bell box. :rolleyes: Honestly you lot need to really grow up, instead of trying to look clever on internet forums pull your heads out of the sand & realise there are hundreds of these systems out there working just fine. I guess the 4 that were fitted to the terrace of houses where I used to live were all just good ones. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Or the very next time they armed or disarmed the system & no confirmation pip came from the bell box. :rolleyes:
How exactly does that work ? It seems one has to be outside the house in hearing range of the siren when the system is being armed or dis-armed.

Honestly you lot need to really grow up, instead of trying to look clever on internet forums
Not the intention. just passing on ( in my case ) experience and knowledge gained from working on security and safety critical systems where every eventuality has to be considered and the system must operate correctly in those situations.

pull your heads out of the sand & realise there are hundreds of these systems out there working just fine. I guess the 4 that were fitted to the terrace of houses where I used to live were all just good ones. :rolleyes:

These may have well maintained by owners who were FULLY aware of what was needed to keep them working and knew what were the indications that something in the system was about to fail.

The true test would be be to see how often the siren gives the "confirmation" pip when the owners leave the house and set the alarm.

The batteries will run down even faster when using set confirmed.
A very trivial, momentary load. I doubt it would be perceptible on a bettery life that might be three years or so.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatly from real life exerience, it actually happens.

How many wirelss systems have you had experience with?
Just a question, nothing sinister.

two.

How many Yale systems have you had experience with?

Over the years probably about 40.

Wireless systems in general 1000+
Hardwired, lost count.

But back to the question in hand, more use than normal ( as in set confirmed) WILL always reduce the "stated" battery life.

Yale state "average 2 yrs" for wireless sirens.

They also state "The siren can be enabled for arming and disarming
confirmation where one pip and flash is given for
arming, with two pips and flashes from side to side
for disarming."

Bit more than a little noise for current draw is it not?

Its not rocket science is it, more use = lower shelf life, chuck in a few false activations ( not always the case I know, a few siren tests) and 2 yrs is not possible.
If your going to argue at least use all the parameters so everyone knows what is being said/defended. Not all who read this understand alarms or fit them.

Change batteries in the full system every two years and you can't go wrong.
If you are muppets and you keep setting your system off. (Not a false alarm technically as there is a reason the alarm activated not a system fail) then yes the batteries will wear our quicker in the siren.
However if you are worried about your siren battery status simply set it off and listen to it. Does it sound healthy?
If not and the continuous warble is interupted by rythmic interupptions then this indicates the batteries are in need of replacement.
Its an undocumented alarm test I have learnt.

If you are going on holiday and your alarm sounds healthy without the telltale break in the rythmn then relax there is plenty of juice in the system.

However if you are worried about your siren battery status simply set it off and listen to it. Does it sound healthy?
If not and the continuous warble is interupted by rythmic interupptions then this indicates the batteries are in need of replacement.
Its an undocumented alarm test I have learnt.

I know your going to say I used this to catch you out, so dont bother.

Siren produces a series of pips when armed or
disarmed
• The siren has low batteries. Check that the
siren produces a series of pips when arming
and disarming, indicating low batteries. Change
batteries with new alkaline replacements.

Siren produces an interrupted tone when
sounding an alarm
• The siren has low batteries. Change batteries with
new alkaline replacements.

Very well documented, because I had read it.
Told you I had :D

Very well documented, because I had read it.
Told you I had :D

Well done. I know they have changed the manual that must have been added in. The best change has been the production of 3d isometric views of the dip switch settings.

However if you are worried about your siren battery status simply set it off and listen to it. Does it sound healthy

So if I start my car and it sounds "healthy" then I can be sure there is enough petrol in the tank for the next journey.

But seriously... why should the user have to disturb his (or her) neighbours in order to test the battery. After a few tests the neighbours might become annoyed. More important they may dismiss a genuine alarm set off by intruders as jsut another test and ignore it.

I am not saying that battery powered sirens are totally wrong in a domestic alarm system but potential users need the full information about the dis-advantages of sirens that depend entirely on batteries to enable them to make a fully informed decision about the suitability of the system for their home and protection.

small question.

is ther a facility to fit a hard wored siren to a Yale system.

i personally dont know, (as you know we dont fit Yale) just curious!

Oasis

Nothing wrong with the Yale premium wireless set up. I installed it a few months back and have had no problems at all. Highly recommended!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back