Yale Premium Alarm HSA6400 - Dialler difficulties

Before you do a factory reste and just to test the phone connection have you tried controlling the system using your mobile.

ie remotely operating your alarm.

1 Dial the phone number associated with the Control

Panel ( usually your home land line).

2 Hang up on the first ring.

3 Wait 5-10 seconds.

4 Dial the number again.

5 The control unit will now answer the call you

Will hear a beep. (If not repeat the above)

6 Enter your alarm PIN Code within 3 seconds.

7 If the PIN code is correct, you will hear another

beep you are now connected to your alarm.

Once connected the following apply

Press 2 This will arm the system

Press 3 To disarm the system.

Press 5 Check the system status. Long single

beep for Away Armed, two beeps for

Disarmed and three beeps for Home Armed.

Press 7 Siren on.

Press 8 Siren off.

Press 9 or 0 Disconnect.

• Remember to press 9 or 0 before you hang up, or

the control unit will hang up automatically after 30

seconds.

Sponsored Links
Finally cracked it and everything works fine. I changed the telephone cable and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks to all of you who kindly helped so much. I am sure that the many tips you gave me will help others. :D

I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread but this just helped me with my Yale alarm. I couldn't work out why it wouldn't dial and replacing the phone cable solved it. So thanks!
Not sure if Yale have a problem with their cables.

Thanks again to all of you. The numbers are correct, that was my first idea as I though the problem may have been dialing my mobile, but I entered both a mobile and landline and then dialed them separately. I am coming to the conclusion that I will try a factory reset and start again. If that does not work then I can only think that the fault must be with the control unit.

I am currently having the same problem with my unit.
It used to work perfectly and I have only noticed that it isn't actually dialing out anymore. I have sent out many test signals, and stupidly last night reset the whole panel. So now I have to climb up a ladder and 're-learn' the siren!! Anyway, the panel still isn't dialing out...I have no idea why?
Did you work out what was wrong with yours...I know it was a long time ago....
pretty please

Sponsored Links
My problem was the phone cable supplied with the alarm. I attached a different one and the problem was solved.

My problem was the phone cable supplied with the alarm. I attached a different one and the problem was solved.

Thanks so much for your quick reply.
I tried it with the telephone cable that I knew was working, it didn't work.
Did you have to buy a special one?

you have recorded the address and messages, haven't you? It will not dial out if it has nothing to say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back