Yale Premium Alarm Kit - BEEEPING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a Wireless alarm. Link below

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=948676

After following the step by step instructions ive run into some problems.

The Siren has been mounted on the wall and the tamper switch is fully depressed.

When I arm the system (using a key fob) the control unit gives me a 30 second count down but the Siren beeps about 8 or 9 times.

When I deactivate the alarm and enter the house the control panel has "ALARM, ALARM" flashing on the screen but neither the siren nor the control panels siren are going off.

I have taken the siren off the wall, placed it on a flat surface and it still beeps when arming.

Could the siren be faulty? the sensors are all set to "burglar".

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
A tamper switch on any of the sensors is not fully depressed.

Enter the menu and choose fault log (The orange warning light will be on and a beep will be going every 30 seconds.)

see what is showing on the fault log. If nothing is there then it may be an issue with your siren not being correctly fixed to the wall.

A tamper switch on any of the sensors is not fully depressed.

Enter the menu and choose fault log (The orange warning light will be on and a beep will be going every 30 seconds.)

see what is showing on the fault log. If nothing is there then it may be an issue with your siren not being correctly fixed to the wall.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

The warning light on the display is OFF, the fault lot is empty.

The siren beeps when fitted to the wall or on the table.

Any suggestions?

I presume you have fitted the top cover?

If the lid is not on the siren or the siren backplate is not pressed against the wall or table then either the backplate or cover tamper switches will indicate 5 beeps when arming and disarming.

Sponsored Links
Indeed the reaon you see alarm alarm alarm on your display when you walk in is because you can't turn the alarm off with a keyfob unless an entry device has started the countdown. You are activating the alarm when you come through the door. You need to set your entry door as an 'entry' device from the devices-edit devices menu.
The reason your internal siren and external siren arent sounding my be because you have a delay set on the sirens via the adv settings menu.

I presume you have fitted the top cover?

If the lid is not on the siren or the siren backplate is not pressed against the wall or table then either the backplate or cover tamper switches will indicate 5 beeps when arming and disarming.

Hi,

Yeah the cover is on ans the backplate is pressed agaisnt the wall when fitted and pressed down when Im testing it on the table.

Its really frustrating, it doesnt only beep 5 times, it beeps about 8 or 9

the sensors are all set to "burglar".
why isn't the entry door set to "entry" and the internal PIRs set to "home?" :confused:

I'll change the doors to entry and the PIRs to home, but still not sure why its beeping like this...

Surely the siren shouldnt make any noise when you arm or disarm. I'd expect to only hear a noise when the system is beached...

Your alarm must have 'confirm beep' selected in the siren menu.

Go into

devices/

programme siren/

Then select confirm beep.

When you see the options select 'confirm beep off'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back