Yay, I love global warming

Also for your information the great spud famine in Ireland was caused by an eruption of Krakatoa.
Irish potato famine: 1845–1852
Krakatoa eruption: 1883

Perhaps the potatoes could see into the future. Temporal spuds maybe?

Even Tambora isn't to blame for that, and that caused famine throughout the Northern Hemisphere.

These natural events cause more damage to the eco system than we ever can. Dinosaurs the most successful creature to live on the planet died. Reptiles need heat . Magnetism in rocks proves polar drift. Anyone who believes human are to blame for climate change/global warming really are very easily lead.
So much woo so little.

Sponsored Links
If you burn nearly half the oil that the earth has created over billions of years in a few hundred years then how can you expect that not to have some effect?

The question is "what is that effect".

Everyone spends so much effort argueing over whether it will happen, and doesnt question what "it" is.

Predictions range from 1-2c to 10c.

Clearly one of those isnt much of an issue, the other one is brown pants time, but the latter is based upon computer models and relying on positive feedback effects, very unproven, not mached by observations.

If you burn nearly half the oil that the earth has created over billions of years in a few hundred years then how can you expect that not to have some effect?

The question is "what is that effect".

Everyone spends so much effort argueing over whether it will happen, and doesnt question what "it" is.

Predictions range from 1-2c to 10c.

Clearly one of those isnt much of an issue, the other one is brown pants time, but the latter is based upon computer models and relying on positive feedback effects, very unproven, not mached by observations.

I bet a lot of pensioners who have to choose between heating and eating would welcome a 10 degree rise in temperature. :D

Krakatoa has erupted quite a few times . A further lesson is required for clever people who with the use of dates look no further than the dates. Dates and time are set by humans for OUR ease, the earth doesn't work within our rules and we are still discovering. It was recently found that the true cause at Pompeii for death was a good ole gassing. It has been recognised that a lake in Germany formed by a crater is likely to do a gasser that will potentially do for 1000's, much like the mystery lake gasser in Africa. If you study the blast coverage of Mt St Helens it shows the heavier particles etc , Think of the crap that is airborne ,acid rain. Krakatoa is a volcano of regular and explosive quality, the now well documented eruption was well documented . How many have gone off before world coverage and documents ? . It wasn't a simple out of the blue one blast event, days of previous action. It is also a good idea before ridicule to cross reference with other sources when stating that Krakatoa wasn't to blame for the spud famine, sometimes other fields of study need investigating. Good job you didn't live in a previous time Capernicus could have been up the river.

Sponsored Links
Krakatoa has erupted quite a few times . A further lesson is required for clever people who with the use of dates look no further than the dates. Dates and time are set by humans for OUR ease, the earth doesn't work within our rules and we are still discovering. It was recently found that the true cause at Pompeii for death was a good ole gassing. It has been recognised that a lake in Germany formed by a crater is likely to do a gasser that will potentially do for 1000's, much like the mystery lake gasser in Africa. If you study the blast coverage of Mt St Helens it shows the heavier particles etc , Think of the crap that is airborne ,acid rain. Krakatoa is a volcano of regular and explosive quality, the now well documented eruption was well documented . How many have gone off before world coverage and documents ? . It wasn't a simple out of the blue one blast event, days of previous action. It is also a good idea before ridicule to cross reference with other sources when stating that Krakatoa wasn't to blame for the spud famine, sometimes other fields of study need investigating. Good job you didn't live in a previous time Capernicus could have been up the river.

Evidence please.

Let me help you
5 biggest eruptions in the last few hundred years:
http://english.sina.com/technology/p/2010/0419/314913.html

Krakatoa Eruption list: 1530, 1680-81, 1684, 1883 (Plinian eruption), 1927-30, 1931-32, 1932-34, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938-40, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1946-47, 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1958-59, 1959-63, 1965(?), 1969(?), 1972-73, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1988, 1992-93, 1994-95, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007-8, April 2009-early 2010, Oct 2010 - March 2011, July-Oct 2011, Jan-May 2012
http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/krakatau-eruptions.html

In fact there were no major volcanic eruptions before or during the Irish potato famine, Krakatoa or anywhere else:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_large_volcanic_eruptions_of_the_19th_century

The potato famine was caused by a potato blight from the spud disease Phytophthora infestans which originated from Toluca Valley of Mexico.

I can't blame you for not knowing that, as it took a whole 2mins to find all of this info.
Its just not your day is it.

No, you still don't get it and even with a clue in my last bit you totally failed to grasp, referring to a string of eruption dates. Sometimes , I wonder what level of thinking goes on. Information you quote is out of date and primitive by modern standards. One should also try to understand series of events concept. It was said a few years ago that once the ozone was destroyed then it couldn't be replaced and we would be cooked. Holes in the ozone layer at each pole had been discovered. Last month a report was released saying one of these holes had got smaller. Regarding the disease coming from Mexico. As stated before and noted by quite a few climate is very sensitive and changes in climate cause things to react that humans can't fathom. No more clues work it out. Next you will be telling me Henry 8 had 6 wives

No, you still don't get it and even with a clue in my last bit you totally failed to grasp, referring to a string of eruption dates. Sometimes , I wonder what level of thinking goes on. Information you quote is out of date and primitive by modern standards. One should also try to understand series of events concept. It was said a few years ago that once the ozone was destroyed then it couldn't be replaced and we would be cooked. Holes in the ozone layer at each pole had been discovered. Last month a report was released saying one of these holes had got smaller. Regarding the disease coming from Mexico. As stated before and noted by quite a few climate is very sensitive and changes in climate cause things to react that humans can't fathom. No more clues work it out.
Have you got anything to say that's based upon reality?
Next you will be telling me Henry 8 had 6 wives
Actually he had 2, as most were annulled, and as such never counted as marriages.

Still waiting for evidence for how Krakatoa caused the Irish Potato famine, given that is didn't erupt until decades after the famine. And the only recorded eruptions prior to the famine from Krakatoa were 1530, 1680-81, 1684. The earliest date for any activity for Krakatoa in the 19th Century is May 1883. Given that the potato famine was 1845 and 1852, I fail to see how one can influence the other without some magical intervention.

If you have some more up to date evidence to show, don't be shy.

you got it. The point I was originally making was that volcanos have pumped out more CO2 than humans have made and that we are to blame for global warming etc, Which is for the self important, save the kipper and money types. When Krakatoa erupted it lowered the climates temp enough to cause crop failures around the planet. Noticably cooler for all and incredible sunsets in England as was recorded. These sunsets went on for years[ check that out]. As stated before anyone who thinks that we make any difference to CO2 levels making a difference to the planet is crazy.

I think it's brilliant. Earth gets really cold then really hot for hundreds of millions of years, no billions, but for the last 50 odd any tiny change in temp or weather is mans fault. Then the solution is even better. "Ohh ohh your cars are causing global warming so you must pay more tax". Ok so do they ban big cars to save us all? No they just tax you for them. "Ohh ohh your holiday flights are causing climate change". So do they ban them or restrict the number of flights you can make? No they tax you to carry on as normal.
I can't imagine how the earth ever warmed up after one of it's thousands of ice ages without my Bimmer or the odd flight to Alicante :rolleyes:

you got it.
Are you saying that the Irish potato famine caused Krakatoa to erupt? Or did Henry VIII and his two wives have something to do with it? Not sure what you're aiming at now, but I think you might struggle to prove that..

The point I was originally making was that volcanos have pumped out more CO2 than humans have made and that we are to blame for global warming etc, Which is for the self important, save the kipper and money types. When Krakatoa erupted it lowered the climates temp enough to cause crop failures around the planet. Noticably cooler for all and incredible sunsets in England as was recorded. These sunsets went on for years[ check that out]. As stated before anyone who thinks that we make any difference to CO2 levels making a difference to the planet is crazy.
Already shown to be false, and shown that we know:
a. The impact of large eruptions (Pinatubo was thoroughly modelled)
b. We emit more than volcanoes each year.
c. Man made emissions are getting worse.
d. We also know ho much the sun impacts on us, and its far less than man made emission.

This is based upon evidence.

Something you have provided zero of.

Wrong on all counts. You too quote volcanos by name and give so-called evidence . Evidence of what ? Do you know of all volcanic activity that goes on everyday just because it hasn't made the news don't mean it ain't going on. An active or dormant one doesn't have to erupt to do the business. As stated ages ago volcanic activity is ONLY part of the story, it is a significant contributor. Earth science is not a single factor it has to take history, geology and our relationship with the sun into account. The fact that the Sun can run hot and cold and solar winds. The fact that the Earth orbit is not without movement [wobble] on its axis. The fact the Earth has had periods like the seasons hot and cold. all proven with little doubt. You would think that after all of this those who believe that humans are the only reason or, a significant contribution to global warming/ climate change, would do some research and remember the context of this 'post subject'. The Earth in it's slow process to us that is, has been warming ,rise in sea water being the biggest clue and well before oil was exploited, just has it has plenty times before. Those who preach 'end of the world' should prepare themselves because if we are the cause it is unlikely we are going to change things with the world pop growing. Now to those left who know why this charade is being presented .1] one day oil is going to run out. We need to find other sources of energy. 2] the world is an oil based economy. A twindeling supply will increase costs. 3] jumping on the band wagon. Any way money can be made by saying WE are the cause of everything.

Wrong on all counts. You too quote volcanos by name and give so-called evidence . Evidence of what ? Do you know of all volcanic activity that goes on everyday just because it hasn't made the news don't mean it ain't going on. An active or dormant one doesn't have to erupt to do the business. As stated ages ago volcanic activity is ONLY part of the story, it is a significant contributor. Earth science is not a single factor it has to take history, geology and our relationship with the sun into account. The fact that the Sun can run hot and cold and solar winds. The fact that the Earth orbit is not without movement [wobble] on its axis. The fact the Earth has had periods like the seasons hot and cold. all proven with little doubt. You would think that after all of this those who believe that humans are the only reason or, a significant contribution to global warming/ climate change, would do some research and remember the context of this 'post subject'. The Earth in it's slow process to us that is, has been warming ,rise in sea water being the biggest clue and well before oil was exploited, just has it has plenty times before. Those who preach 'end of the world' should prepare themselves because if we are the cause it is unlikely we are going to change things with the world pop growing. Now to those left who know why this charade is being presented .1] one day oil is going to run out. We need to find other sources of energy. 2] the world is an oil based economy. A twindeling supply will increase costs. 3] jumping on the band wagon. Any way money can be made by saying WE are the cause of everything.

Latest estimate of ALL volcanoes per year: ~600million tonnes of CO2.
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/16/another-known-unknown-volcanic-outgassing-of-co2/
Annual man made CO2 emissions: 33616million tonnes of CO2
http://cdiac.ornl.gov/ftp/ndp030/global.1751_2010.ems

BTW. World population is set to level out to between 9 and 12 billion.

We need to:
Nuclear power to replace all coal power stations
Increase renewables (both these are to reduce fossil fuel consumption.)
Make sure population doesn't go off course (shouldn't be a problem)
Make sure we can feed everyone without wars breaking out
Control the economy (probably our biggest challenge) before energy consumption gets out of control.

Your sources of info are non conclusive, as stated in the first line. The results given are not supported by testing equipment available or coverage. Anyone can come up with that and if it fits. I don't believe you really want more nuclear power. This form of energy has a place but far to expensive in all ways. Renewables always have a place . However, the money required and technology will have to increase substantially and as shown with HS2 such schemes are hard going. World population is a guess based on what ? Look at the population in England . Since records began world population has increased there is absolutely no evidence to support anything other than an increase.

Your sources of info are non conclusive, as stated in the first line.
They are far more accurate than any evidence you have provided, as you have not shown anything.
The results given are not supported by testing equipment available or coverage.
Wrong. Its called science.
Anyone can come up with that and if it fits.
I only come up with evidence.
I don't believe you really want more nuclear power.
Its the safest energy source we have. I'll let that sink in.
Renewables always have a place . However, the money required and technology will have to increase substantially and as shown with HS2 such schemes are hard going.
HS2 is not a renewable scheme ;)
We need more renewables whether we like it or not. Just not too much please.
World population is a guess based on what ? Look at the population in England . Since records began world population has increased there is absolutely no evidence to support anything other than an increase.
Has the birth rate of western countries gone up, down or stayed the same since the 19th Century? They have gone down. And in many instances, face problems associated with this (see Japan).

Urbanisation enables a more efficient way of living, and people tend to have smaller families when a country develops. We have seen this time and again throughout the world. And the majority of people in teh world do not live in extreme poverty, so countries are developing. There is a lot of evidence to support this if you take the time to look it up.

Also, contraception is more effective now than it ever has been in history.
ETA:
An interesting link for you re population:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24836917

Sponsored Links
Back