yet another shower problem-pressure equalizing valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a shower using mains pressure cold and gravity fed hot...
The way I see it my choice is:

1 Trevi boost/venturi type shower
2 Fit an extra cold feed to the shower from the header tank and use a mixer shower

but... could I just use a pressure equalizing valve with a mixer shower and remove the need to run an extra feed from cistern? the bathroom is in an extension and I have no easy route through roof void to get feed from cistern. seems this would save time and money as venturi/trevis cost £250 and up.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
There are much cheaper venturi showers on the market - do a search - I seem to remember some around £60. It's the obvious solution for your set up.

thanks chris.

where were they? i tried google and it seems to come up mostly with Trevi, New Team and Croydex (sold in Wickes as H20).

trevi seems good but expensive
new team are hideously ugly/expensive
croydex have some bad reviews

anyone else help?

cheers

You seem to have found everything that I know off. I take your points about price, design, quality, etc. I think New team has good performance but lousy aesthetics. the Croydex gets some criticism for non-availability of spares. The Trevi looks OK, but pricey.

Sponsored Links
I had a customer with a 5 year old Trevi, wouldn't always shut off. He phoned Trevi and they sent him all possible internals for free. Took me about 15 minutes to fit them for him and he has a new shower, changed the whole lot. Customer service like that doesn't come from the sort of showers you get for less than £100.

Bristan give 5 year guarantee but I don't know if they have a model to suit your needs.

ps, I think the faulty part in the Trevi was the gear wheels, the cog relies on friction to move with the hub and was slipping, a small grub screw in each wheel would probably make them bullet proof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back