Floor LayersVacancy from
Job No:BMC/94518
Wage£13 per hourHours45 per week, Monday - Friday, between 8am - 5pm
LocationBirmingham, West Midlands B1
DurationTemporary
Date posted01 February 2011
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
This Vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bluebaring Recruitment Limited who is operating as an employment business. Floor layer required for a contract in Birmingham working with lino, vinyl, carpet tiles and latexing, amtico and all other aspects of floor laying. All applicants must have a CSCS card and previous experience and will be asked for a . minimum of one reference. This is a temporary position for 1 month.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 01708 476696 and asking for Daniel Harris.
Employer
Bluebaring Recruitment Limited

compare this to

Vacancy from
Job No:WMX/3256
Wage£11.00 Per HourHours45 hours over 5 days
LocationWOLVERHAMPTON WV10
DurationTemporary
Date posted01 February 2011
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Caval Ltd who act as an employment agency. Applicants must be fully qualified or time served and be able to provide references and hold a valid CSCS card. Duties to include working on a large commercial development carrying out all first fix work and all other associated tasks. This is a temporary vacancy for 1. week.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 0113 2031241 and asking for Michaela Russell.
Employer
Caval Ltd

and

Wage£8.00 per hour
Hours37.5 hours per week, days and times to be confirmed
LocationWest Midlands B98
DurationTemporary
Date posted31 January 2011
Pension detailsNo details held.

i could copy and paste a few dozen more offered within the last four days.

Trying to work out what the crack is here.

can anyone help me?

the second and third are carpenter/joiner job offers

Sponsored Links
I don’t know what you’re asking, they’re jobs available via an agency, which bit am I missing?

sorry, i forgot to mention that these are the only jobs on offer.
no direct, as such, jobs on offer, only jobs advertised through middle management.

i myself have got hardly any experience in the shuttering side of things (been told its a peace of pish) yet i am willing to do a few months of this work to enhance my own skill level.

apart from the fact they will not give me a job, as i can not provide references as i have no experience in such and am uncomfortable to chance the opportunity incase it backfires and thus leaves my name with a black mark hanging over it.

so lets just think on this, (no doubt the job will go and who knows if it goes to a CARPENTER or just a chancer who is willing to take the risk), what of all the new comers to the trade.
How will they get jobs if they have zilch experience in all fields yet at the same time can not even get started.

what do you make of this?

The way i see it is a certain few people will be getting rich quick whilst causing damage which i can only think that they have not taken into acount of what there actions are/will finalize as.

if you are a tradesmen how did you get started?

Sponsored Links
The thing to remember is that you need to be versatile, if you can only do carpentry then thats limiting you. If you can measure and cut timber with accuracy then surely you can measure and cut tiles too? Perhaps you need to think outside the box a little, work wont come to you and if you dont like working for a middle man then you may as well work for yourself as most jobs with employers make them the middle men. Get around all the local flooring shops and ask if they need a chippy for fitting laminates. If you had doen this in November I am certain you would have picked up loads of work, I have a friend who oens a flooring complany and they are flat out crazy before Xmas with too much work. If you are good then someone may notice you and the work will keep coming. All you can do to get started is to do some advertising and do any job that you can get, at first you will be picking up scraps that other people dont want to even put a price in for, you may have the odd bit of luck but as long as you are punctual, polite and neat and always do what you say your gonna do and when you say your gonna do it then people will start reccomending you and the work will start coming, versatility is key, building skills which can help you is key. For instance, you can build a stud wall and set a lining into it, so you can plaster board it, perhaps you could learn to skim it, then you will be fitting your architraves and skirtings, perhaps you could learn to paint these to a high standard? Maybe this wall needs sockets, you could do some courses at night school to learn electrics, maybe a rediator is required on that wall, you could again learn about pipe work.

sorry, i forgot to mention that these are the only jobs on offer.
no direct, as such, jobs on offer, only jobs advertised through middle management.

i myself have got hardly any experience in the shuttering side of things (been told its a peace of pish) yet i am willing to do a few months of this work to enhance my own skill level.

apart from the fact they will not give me a job, as i can not provide references as i have no experience in such and am uncomfortable to chance the opportunity incase it backfires and thus leaves my name with a black mark hanging over it.

so lets just think on this, (no doubt the job will go and who knows if it goes to a CARPENTER or just a chancer who is willing to take the risk), what of all the new comers to the trade.
How will they get jobs if they have zilch experience in all fields yet at the same time can not even get started.

what do you make of this?

The way i see it is a certain few people will be getting rich quick whilst causing damage which i can only think that they have not taken into acount of what there actions are/will finalize as.

if you are a tradesmen how did you get started?

myself have got hardly any experience in the shuttering side of things (been told its a peace of pish) yet i am willing to do a few months of this work to enhance my own skill level.

just believe that it is a piece of... shuttering is a different ball game..

carpenters that cannot cut a roof... then cannot do first fix. then know nothing about shuttering... sad.... and will never be a carpenter

and never will be

geraint what you say is what i reckon to.
i was taught by an old school carpenter who could do anything and everything.

it just seems asif "they" are trying to dumb down/split the area of what an old school carpenter would of have to have known into different segments as in fitters/roofer/1st fixers/2nd fixers and even joiners ;)

the info i gathered from john is that it looks like when another opportunity comes up in the shuttering side of things then i guess i will tell 'em i have years exp, nod away to whatever site agent is about and hope that some old school's are still left to show me whats what.

no other way about it, apart from 8 months in a eastern E.U country where even though i will be classed as a low skilled i will be on roughly 150.00 a day with everything else paid for.

brings me back to the original question though as why are these agencies even able to make a living when yano?

If you do an apprenticship you are taught all aspects of joinery work excluding bench work.

So anyone who says they are first fix or roofing joiners i know they are chancers so i tell them to keep on going.

Sponsored Links
Back