Yet more islamic peadophillia . . .

I don't agree. The issue is too big now and UKIP can take a big enough slice of the votes. In 2015 we'll be well underway with the Roma invasion. That will defo be the clincher.

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid it is too late now anyway. By the time the next general election is called, the Romanian/Bulgarian invasion will have begun.

If, and it's a big 'if', Call Me Dave does conduct an in/out referendum as he has 'promised', it will be too late to stop the influx. Even if UKIP obtain a substantial number of seats - sufficient for them to be represented in parliament - it will still be too late. So unfortunately, as is likely, Labour have a majority next time the damage will already have been done. They will, of course, be at liberty to resurrect their immigration experiment which, by then, will make little difference anyway.

My vote for UKIP will count towards a record of public opinion. After the inevitable disaster, when historians look back at what happened to this once proud country, they will be aware that at least some of us foresaw the dangers.

My only (forlorn) hope is that an election is called before the end of the year and that, despite the prophets of doom, UKIP gain sufficient seats to force a referendum.

Which races CAN come in and which races CAN'T? It's a race issue isn't it?
You're the racist, so you make the call...

I will. None. We don't need migrants from anywhere. Now tell me YOUR opinion (he won't). :rolleyes: He can't. :mrgreen:
Pull up the drawbridge and become fine 'little englanders' (aka racists) then regardless...?

Show me one country that has benefitted from Isolationism in the long term...

(You won't, because you can't... ;) )

I'm afraid it is too late now anyway. By the time the next general election is called, the Romanian/Bulgarian invasion will have begun.

If, and it's a big 'if', Call Me Dave does conduct an in/out referendum as he has 'promised', it will be too late to stop the influx. Even if UKIP obtain a substantial number of seats - sufficient for them to be represented in parliament - it will still be too late. So unfortunately, as is likely, Labour have a majority next time the damage will already have been done. They will, of course, be at liberty to resurrect their immigration experiment which, by then, will make little difference anyway.

My vote for UKIP will count towards a record of public opinion. After the inevitable disaster, when historians look back at what happened to this once proud country, they will be aware that at least some of us foresaw the dangers.

My only (forlorn) hope is that an election is called before the end of the year and that, despite the prophets of doom, UKIP gain sufficient seats to force a referendum.

Here Here!

Sponsored Links
It does bother me Aron, but no more than our own MPs and Lords and our own goverment that has a massive deficit and little accountability other than to big business that funds their election battles.
So you acknowledge we have our own problems, that are hard to change, yet don’t seem to think an even more distant government, with even more multi national power, with even less accountability, is an big issue?

Right.

EU laws are written to level the playing field across Europe. You can't have free trade without standardisation of laws otherwise you get some countries having a competitive advantage over others through legislation or lack of it.
Can you please explain how we need a standardisation of laws for free trade, ignoring many countries with existing free trade agreements and different laws, give me an example?
Negotiation is all about leverage. You can only negotiate fairly if both parties have something to offer that the other wants.

Being part of a large body (I.e. EU, NATO, Commonwealth) means the UK has a bigger voice than on it's own.
So what you are saying is that we don’t have a free trade agreement with America, because we have a bigger voice in the EU, ummm, what......?

Did you read what I wrote, there are a lot of good arguments to say we would already have a trade agreement with the US if we were allowed to.

That's for you, as an informed voter, to decide when our MPs are at fault or when the EU is actually to blame.
Have you ever delved into EU legislature, there is a reason people pay lawyers to go over it.

It’s too complicated, to distant, and the average joe will simply never grasp (either through time constraints or intelligence) the miniature of the issues.

We don’t need more complications in the democratic process, why would we want something that makes the government even more out of touch of the people, the process even more complicated and cumbersome.

I think our own governement invents enough of it's own unnecessary laws. Specifically on motor bikes - despite having some of the safest roads your chances of getting hurt or killed when riding a bike are massively greater than in a car, so I whole heartedly agree with improving the licensing process to educate riders further.
So you agree we should change our laws to be in line with other EU countries that have a higher accident rate?
Makes sense :rolleyes:
EFTA members still have to and abide by the vast marjoirty of EU laws.
#
Why do you lie?
they do not get a say in the formulation of EU law
http://autonomousmind.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/norway-to-eu-ingen/
http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=83408
Therefore the UK would still need to pay a BIG chunk of cash to the EU to be part of the EFTA
2 billion vs 12 billion, which is the BIGger chunk of cash?
We also wouldn’t have to pay for backdoor bailouts
but then don't get our veto (very important)
You mean like when we veto’d the budget?
We warned last week that it was on its way. And now it is here (see page 9). The finance ministers of the EU member states, including Mr George Osborne, have agreed to provide an additional €7.3 billion for the 2013 budget, as the first tranche of an overall figure that will eventually reach €11.2 billion.

The "amending budget no.2" will add about £800 million to Britain's EU bill, with potentially another £400 million to find when the complete deal is reached. That will come with the second tranche, expected to be agreed after the summer break, bringing the additional British liability to £1.2 billion.

The sum so far agreed represents rise of 5.5 percent on the original budget of €133 billion agreed for this year, itself and increase on the previous year's budget (2012) of €129.1. With the budget now standing at €140.3 billion, that represents an 8.7 percent year-on-year increase, kicking into touch any idea of EU budgetary restraint.
Oh.
Think of it this way Aron - what does the UK exclusively produce that the EU couldn't get elsewhere?

So you honestly think the EU would stop trade with us, even though we are a net importer of EU goods, that they would go against WTO regulations, and that the individuals buying our products would go "oh wait, the EU", pfff.

I’ll just stop here, I can’t be arsed to talk anymore to someone so silly.

As to your “don’t vote UKIP or labour will get in” Pfffftt who cares, the conservatives spending plans are the same as labours, they are just as prod nosery and health Nanning, I can’t say I see any difference between the two.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

However, I'm not silly, on the contray. I have quite reasoned arguments and my opinion is equally as valid as yours.

However, my opinions come from understanding the way the economic and political worlds work and forming my own conclusions from there. Your opinions appear to come from a hatrid of all things European and information gleened from wordpress blogs.

If you're not arsed to talk to someone as silly as me I shan't bother to respond to your argument piece by piece, but needless to say I disagree with most of your views and many things you have stated are factually incorrect ;)

Which races CAN come in and which races CAN'T? It's a race issue isn't it?
You're the racist, so you make the call...

I will. None. We don't need migrants from anywhere. Now tell me YOUR opinion (he won't). :rolleyes: He can't. :mrgreen:
Pull up the drawbridge and become fine 'little englanders' (aka racists) then regardless...?

(You won't, because you can't... ;) )

So are you saying that we should adopt an 'Open door Britain' policy whereby all races from all nations can come and have a free lunch? If not - then what are you saying?

my opinion is equally as valid as yours.

Not really.

However, my opinions come from understanding the way the economic and political worlds work and forming my own conclusions from there.

As a %, how many people do you think know the name of their MEP, even people that are somewhat interested in politics?

Now tell me how democratic the EU is, you can say "Well, it's the fault of the voters", which is technically true, but the outcome is the same.

Your opinions appear to come from a hatrid of all things European and information gleened from wordpress blogs.

And your opinions appear to come from EU press releases.

If you're not a***d to talk to someone as silly as me

No, I was not arsed to talk through all your comments after a certain point as they are simply too numerous.

I'd still like you to explain how we need harmonised laws for free trade (which seems to ignore how in reality many countries have free trade agreements without harmonized laws), and how that puts anyone at a disadvantage.

I also find it strange that you think an exporter would want to stop trade with us, again ignoring many countries manage to have business with the EU quite happily.

my opinion is equally as valid as yours.

Not really.

Now that's just childish. Can you expain to me why your opinion is worth more than mine?

Last time I checked, my vote on the electorial role counts equally to yours.

I'd still like you to explain how we need harmonised laws for free trade (which seems to ignore how in reality many countries have free trade agreements without harmonized laws), and how that puts anyone at a disadvantage.

Here you go : It's all here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonisation_of_law

Fill yer boots.

I also find it strange that you think an exporter would want to stop trade with us, again ignoring many countries manage to have business with the EU quite happily.

Imports and Exports are not inter-linked.

Countries can only export if their is demand for the good they export. Demand is driven by a number of things:

Price - I.e is the cheaper the item, the more the demand
Necessity - I.e. the buyer needs the item for sale
Speculation - I.e. the buyer invests the value will increase in the future
Quality/Exclusivity I.e. the buyer wants a particular brand or quality of good only available from limited sources.

Within the UK we don't export anything that is the cheapest, a necessity, a comodity, or of high quality (which can be bought elsewhere).

Yes other countries trade with the EU, but the EU only buys from the best source/cheapest source available:

Oil from the Arabs, Gas from Russia, Electronics from Asia, Virtually all other non-luxury goods from China, etc etc.

So you tell me - what do we in the UK have to sell on this stage to the EU that the EU can source cheaper or of better quality elsewhere?

The things we generally produce in the UK are to satisfy domestic demand with surplus exported and freely traded with the EU. This is a genalisation and there will of course be some exceptions.

However we don't export anything that is in demand that cannot be sourced elsewhere.

Regarding the imports side of things, our manufacturing base had been eroded of the past few decades, and there is an insatiable demand for consumers to buy goods at the lowest possible price, there is no way that we could suddenly become a self -sufficient (manufacturing everything the country requires) so the we will have to continue to import and thus the trade deficit will widen.

kingandy2nd wrote

a good example would be voting for ukip. a party with absolutely no idea about politics

And the other lot do of course?
They can tell lies and deceive the people, thats about it.
Kingandy2nd,

Doesn't matter does it, none of them care so why should we? How else are we going to get them to listen to us?

So are you saying that we should adopt an 'Open door Britain' policy whereby all races from all nations can come and have a free lunch? If not - then what are you saying?
It really wasn't that difficult a question was it?

Stop trying to answer a question with another question... :rolleyes:

So, lets try that again shall we...

It really wasn't that difficult a question was it?

Stop trying to answer a question with another question... :rolleyes:

So, lets try that again shall we...

Why would the UK be isolated if it left the eu?

kingandy 2nd wrote

Being part of a large body (I.e. EU, NATO, Commonwealth) means the UK has a bigger voice than on it's own. When you are negotiating with the largest economy in the world you need to have a bit of clought yourself to ensure that an agreement benefits you as much as the other party - something alas the UK no longer has on its own.

So if we leave the eu that automatically means we leave the commonwealth and NATO behind?

Can you list 10 areas where the eu has specifically negotiated on the UK's behalf and how they have benefitted the UK?

Can you list 10 for the Greeks?
And another 10 for the Irish?

What are french and germans real motives behind the establishment of a united states of europe?

Norcon & Masona I know that one lot of politians are as bad as the next. Trust in any party is at an all time low.

But at least labour, conservatives, lib dems have some sort of policies and plans for the economy, the Heath service, education, etc etc. UKIP doesn't have a clue other than getting out of Europe.

So if we leave the eu that automatically means we leave the commonwealth and NATO behind?

Can you list 10 areas where the eu has specifically negotiated on the UK's behalf and how they have benefitted the UK?

Can you list 10 for the Greeks?
And another 10 for the Irish?

What are french and germans real motives behind the establishment of a united states of europe?

No Norcon, the UK won't have to leave NATO or the commonwealth - they were just other examples of where the uk being part of an association of members makes it stronger than in isolation.

The EU doesn't negotiate on behalf of the uk or on behalf of other individual states - it is supposed to work for the greater good of the EU members as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive fan of the EU, it is far from perfect. I just think that the benefits that the UK gets from being a part of the EU outweigh the drawbacks.

Sponsored Links
Back