Yorkshire, Compression, Ordinary Soldered?? Plastic/copper

Double threat!!!

I've started using plastic a lot more recently, it's so much easier and cheaper.

Managed to do a full repipe with minimum disruption to walls or floors, customer was over the moon as he'd had more expensive quotes with far more disruption involved.

Dare I say I used your favourite.... 10mm barriered plastic!!! :cool: :cool:

Main circs. were 22mm copper though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the advice - I thought that everyone would have their own views/favourites.
I think I'll just have a go with Yorkshire, if it seems too difficult ill switch to plastic. I'm wanting to chase wall out and put pipes into back of tap fitted to wall. Would plastic be ok covered over in a wall?

Has to be a combination of plastic and copper. Plastic gives the flexibility if doing long, awkward runs whilst copper provides structural integrity

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the advice so far.
I have chosen to use pb plastic and push fit connections - and strictly follow guidelines!! Probably get slated by some for not using copper lol
I have a 22mm pipe going to hot water of my bath, can I just use a reducer for this and go down to 15mm? What implications would this have on bath flow rate, pressure. My thinking is that the flow rate would be the same as coming from combo boiler- and maybe pressure would be higher?
Going to start the work soon so any advice would be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back