You builders, sparkies and plumbers have got six months....

Sponsored Links
Just checked got 4 x £50 in my stash, easier to split them than find a bank open, four packets of chewing gum coming up

Sponsored Links
I'm now only accepting roubles on my foreigners. I get a lot more! :cool:

think someone has missed that the new 20`s have been in for over 2 years now

Years ago my dad, an accountant, had a car dealer customer, who after building up some trust, inviting him over to discuss an "issue". It was a shoebox of notes that he never declared, all of which were very old, totalling around £50,000. I don't know what the outcome was. Suspect mostly wasted in the end. Sometimes it is better to pay the tax man!

think someone has missed that the new 20`s have been in for over 2 years now

"More than £17bn worth of paper notes remain in circulation, the Bank said".

I think someone has missed the point that people may have a stash of notes that are more than two years old. It's not easy getting rid of large amounts of cash these days.

Last edited:
I think someone has missed the point that people may have a stash of notes that are more than two years old. It's not easy getting rid of large amounts of cash these days.
and your missing the point that that large stash you think people had over 2 years ago they have had 2 years to change it and guess what you can even take it into a bank weekly and do it without being questioned if they do it in the right amounts ,
And one of simplest ways would be the majority of tradesman will normally have a trade account that can run into several thousands a month so take new notes out the bank swap them for old notes in there supposed stash and pay account with those .
Same as customers paying with cash ,,,cash doesn't mean its not declared so swap notes there as well .
i can see you haven't really thought this through

and your missing the point that that large stash you think people had over 2 years ago they have had 2 years to change it and guess what you can even take it into a bank weekly and do it without being questioned if they do it in the right amounts ,
And one of simplest ways would be the majority of tradesman will normally have a trade account that can run into several thousands a month so take new notes out the bank swap them for old notes in there supposed stash and pay account with those .
Same as customers paying with cash ,,,cash doesn't mean its not declared so swap notes there as well .
i can see you haven't really thought this through
And you're missing the point of the thread. It's about how long is left to do that, nothing else. Tell the BBC if you are just looking for a point scoring argument, it's their story I linked to.

And you're missing the point of the thread. It's about how long is left to do that, nothing else.
and your missing the fact that everyone has been using them for over two years and will be well aware of it , keep up its been in the news for about 3 years

and your missing the fact that everyone has been using them for over two years and will be well aware of it , keep up its been in the news for about 3 years
Like I said, you best get on to the BBC as it's clearly playing on your mind. Be quick now before anyone else sees it and it ruins their day. :rolleyes:

Like I said, you best get on to the BBC as it's clearly playing on your mind. Be quick now before anyone else sees it and it ruins their day. :rolleyes:
explains quite a bit you using the bbc to keep up to date with breaking news ;)

Sponsored Links
Back