You builders, sparkies and plumbers have got six months....

Well, it was news to me!

Mottie wins this one. :)

Sponsored Links
and will be well aware of it
Wrong (again). Many people will be surprised at how long they have left to get rid of their old paper notes. Mottie wins this one and beats troll gassy easily.

Last edited:
Wrong (again). Many people will, be surprised at how long they have left to get rid of their old paper notes. Mottie wins this one and beats the troll easily.
oh the little fan club jumps in , in support . I guess you havent noticed that you dont get any old 20 pound notes from banks shops etc next you will be saying you havent noticed pound notes have disappeared

Sponsored Links
Years ago my dad, an accountant, had a car dealer customer, who after building up some trust, inviting him over to discuss an "issue". It was a shoebox of notes that he never declared, all of which were very old, totalling around £50,000. I don't know what the outcome was. Suspect mostly wasted in the end. Sometimes it is better to pay the tax man!
Years ago there was no problem depositing large amount of cash in your account.
Banks weren't obliged to question the source of money or report it to anybody.
I know people who paid their house off in cash.
Totally different today.

An old family friend (sadly passed) was a bookie. He bought his house with cash! Obviously houses were also a bit cheaper a few years back.

oh the little fan club jumps in , in support . I guess you havent noticed that you dont get any old 20 pound notes from banks shops etc next you will be saying you havent noticed pound notes have disappeared
Have we gone decimal yet?

I've actually got an old one pound note in the loft.:)

next you will be saying you havent noticed pound notes have disappeared
You can take any old note to the Bank of England and exchange them, must make a visit
1648839155171.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back