You wouldnt get away with it now!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was having a good discussion today with a mate about how you cant do anything without being politically incorrect.

Reminded me of some of the all time classic tv and how they dealt with it back then.

Would they show a re run of this now?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Fawlty Towers script is still broadcast unaltered.

Fools and Horses...The episode where they're in a nuclear shelter...discussing what they will do to find food after the holocaust.

Del Boy...."There's bound to be a P*ki shop open somewhere"

Saw it the other night...'P*ki' now blanked out.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about the word P@ki. It's only a shortened word, like Brit for British, or Iti for Italian. Is Brit or Iti somehow offensive? Don't think so.

When we were kids, we all called the local newsagent's the P@ki shop. Not being insulting, but because that's what it was. A shop run by Pakistanis.

The problem is we cant distinguish between a pakistani and an indian!
I called a indian pal a **** once, he wanted to rip my head off! :confused:

I was doing some baking with my grand daughter recently on a Sunday night when we ran out of flour.
"Thats alright grandad, my mum usually goes the ****'s when ASDA is closed." She's just turned 6.

The problem is we cant distinguish between a pakistani and an indian!
I called a indian pal a **** once, he wanted to rip my head off! :confused:

I've got a mate from St Kitts in the Carribean...He goes Apesh*t if anybody calls him Jamaican.
Same here I guess if you called a Welshman Scottish.

But what if he's Irish speaking Jock MacTavish from Caerphilly?

I don't understand what all the fuss is about the word P@ki. It's only a shortened word, like Brit for British, or Iti for Italian. Is Brit or Iti somehow offensive? Don't think so.

When we were kids, we all called the local newsagent's the P@ki shop. Not being insulting, but because that's what it was. A shop run by Pakistanis.

Its all about the context.

Brit is used as a derogatory term by some in NI, I have heard Iti (Eyetie) used derogatorally.

Black comedians use the n word , it's not the same as a white person using it.

Loads of examples of people using a word among themselves that outsiders should not.

Language is powerful but also generational .

Irish people may be happy to celebrate St Paddy's day, but call one Paddy at your peril.

Its about the perceived use as much as the intended use and any one in Britain born post 1970 should be well aware of the connotations of 'P**i'.

exactly Micilin if its ment in a an offensive way its offensive
but we also need to keep in mind although we might not mean offence the will have been abused by the narrow minded bigoted in society using the word in an offensive way so they will off course get upset
in that case its an educational shortfalling

Sponsored Links
Back