Zanusi WJS 1397W Filling When Drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Twice now this week our lass has said that when she comes to tumble dry something in machine the machine starts to fill with water... :eek: I looked at it and sure enough when I put it to tumble setting it started to fill, then I spun it out and tried again, this time it was ok.... ;) and have dried other stuff after and no probs, then this morning she say's Oh forgot to tell you last night the machine is filling when on tumble again.....WTH!!!! I go and try it this morning and all ok, does anyone have a clue what either is going on or....something that she is doing/not doing (she has been using this machine for 2 yrs with no probs).... :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Polabear said:
Twice now this week our lass has said that when she comes to tumble dry something in machine the machine starts to fill with water... :eek: I looked at it and sure enough when I put it to tumble setting it started to fill, then I spun it out and tried again, this time it was ok.... ;) and have dried other stuff after and no probs, then this morning she say's Oh forgot to tell you last night the machine is filling when on tumble again.....WTH!!!! I go and try it this morning and all ok, does anyone have a clue what either is going on or....something that she is doing/not doing (she has been using this machine for 2 yrs with no probs).... :confused: :confused:

Doesn't look like anyone else has any clues as to this weird little fault either then.... :confused:

I had the same problem with a Hotpoint washer/dryer - rectified by clearing a filter in the waste pipe where a sheet of Bounce, a coin and some other small items had collected.

Didn't make sense to me when suggested (and still doesn't to be honest) but I checked anyway, found the offending items, removed them and it's working normally now.

Can only suggest that you check the waste pipe and/or filter (if there is one) on your machine for something similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back