Zanussi dw 907 not filling/overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I hope you can help me.
I have a Zanussi DW907 dishwasher which is 10 years old.
It has occasional overheated but after cleaning the grey "base filter"it has been ok.
it has not been working too well and has been getting very hot.
after reading a post (zanussi too hot) I followed keithwashermans advice and cleaned out the three pipe under the pre filter.
All to no avail
I cleaned out the housing of the pump(?)- the green propeller thingy that the arm sits on.
still no joy- the propeller is turning but there is no water coming in.
the water (cold only) is feeding to the machine.

one post mentioned cold water valve being stuck- could it be this? if so where do I find it?
if its not this any other ideas.

finally in your considered opinions is it worth spending on a call out fee plus parts for a 10 year old machine whena new one is around the £300 mark.

all answers much appreciated

Thanks
Andy[/u]

Sponsored Links
Inlet valve is locked in closed position due to blockage somewhere in your system.
Most likely in the fill matrix.
Could be a fairly cheap repair depending on where the blockage is but could turn out to be very expensive if new matrix and inlet valve is required.
Only you can decide whether it's worth spending on a call out to find out whether it's worth repairing or not.

Thanks sleepyhead

is this something I can investigate myself at all?

ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back