Zanussi FL 1081 LED flickers and electric short (spin)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, I need to pick your brains again.

I have a Zanussi FL1081 washing machine which is about 12 years old, but has served me well so far.

Last week it was filling with water, processing the cycle, but not draining (even when set to Drain on the dial) after which it promptly leaked a fair amount of water from within after standing for 24 hours, so I investigated the drian pump and found some some coins in there which were blocking it. After reassmbling, draining works again, but putting it on spin now causes the electric to trip without turning the drum. I'm guessing that as it leaked, the drum motor may have gotten wet and could be shorting out (I will investigate this tonight). If its not that, what else is likely?

Also the LED on the front panel, flickers intermittently when the washer is on (and has been for months) without affecting operation. Does this mean that the PCB is done for or could that be something else?

If the motor is totally gone, I'll probably buy another washer as its £110 for a new motor and £189 for a new washer.

Sponsored Links
leave it to dry out you might have got something wet .

I found with these that the motor can get damp inside the windings and trip the electrics if water sits under the machine for any length of time (evaporation and condensation).

Usually take the motor off and leave somewhere warm to dry out and remeove the top of the machine to allow air to circualte for 24 hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back