Zanussi fls 1284 washing machine - dial sticks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I replaced the broken part fixing my previous problem - the dial now turns but sticks during the cycle and has to be nudged along sometimes - it's also really stiff to turn it.

Sponsored Links
The inner knob needs replacing. If you look at the knob you will see a small circle place a paper clip in it and turn anti clockwise this will release the front part of the knob you would then need a 7mm socket to release the inner knob .

you may have a sticky build up behind the indicator so you would have to remove the inner knob again and then the indicator but ensure you clean both the indicator and where the indicator sits against

Sponsored Links
How do I remove the indicator? (assuming that's the dial with all the letters?) It's at the point now where it doesn't revolve at all and requires a pretty hefty effort to turn the dial manually)

you need to remove the inner knob and on the indicator are four tabs which you gently ease up with a very small screw driver one at a time whilst at the same pull the indicator towards you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back