Zanussi machine will drain but not final spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Zanussi Aquacycle 800. It will go throughth the wash but it is not doing the final fast spin so when you open it the clothes are still ringing wet.

I have cleaned the filter but there wasn't really anything there. WHat i have noticed is the bit the filter sits in is full of water, don't know if that's normal.

any help appreciated.

Fifer

Sponsored Links
just to add - when i have taken out the load that was in, the washing powder is over the clothes?? incase this helps

Lack of spin is normally due to motor brushes wearing.

Powder in soap dispenser usually clogged water jets or draw blocked so needs cleaning out.

No spin problems are usually caused by worn motor brushes, drain issues, or unbalance. A drain issue CAN cause unbalance, as can washing a single heavy item or overloading the machine by cramming far too much clothes in it. The machine will simply abort full speed spin.
Worn motor brushes speak for themselves (easy to check/replace). Drain issue are usually caused by a blocked filter, blocked sump hose, blocked/kinked drain hose, defective pump or a plumbing issue. You will have to start at one end & work your way through things. Check the pump/filter again & confirm the pump actually runs. A good place to start would be to try tipping a few pints of water into the machine & run an empty cycle to see if it pumps out all the water. Drain problems are very common.

Sponsored Links
thank you - i tried that and all the water is gone.

I did remove some of the clothes cause i read the bit about unbalanced and retried but still the same

what i have now noticed is that the drum won't spin at all - belt ok and it moves by hand,

i will get Brushes tomorrow, found a demo on you tube on how to replace cause you have to take the motor out to replace them.

is there any where i can check - as the you tube video showed that you need to remove the motor and its under some bolts etc so you cannot see from just looking

Post the PNC number on the door label...then we can all find out which motor type it has.

Lean the machine backwards up against the wall and have a look at the back end of the motor if it has them you will see them.Or post Model and prod. no.and I will see.

thank you very much i will get them tomorrow and talk my hubby into trying giving me a hand :LOL:

he is useless at this stuff

zipper is correct it does have a brush motor,you should be able to remove them with the machine tilted backwards,with a bit of patience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back