zanussi washer-dryer wjs 1265 w

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help when i start the washer every thing seems to work until you press the start button then the green light just flashes and nothing happens does any one have an idear what could be wrong

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the door interlock. Slamming the door might be enough to get it going but not always guaranteed to work and should only be used sparingly and not as permanent solution. Easy to replace if you are handy at all. They cost about £17. Switch off at mains, remove band round door gasket, peel back gasket, remove screws on door catch on front of machine, pull out interlock and disconnect from wiring. Reassemble with new interlock.

Sponsored Links
Yes it can be the interlock even though the light is on! It is quite a complicated little piece of equipment if you can be bothered to strip it down after removing it from the machine. Best to replace it as there are no parts you can repair inside it. 10 minutes will fit it if you are at all handy. Part may be available through the forum or else ebay! Let us know how you get on.

Sounds like the door interlock. Slamming the door might be enough to get it going but not always guaranteed to work and should only be used sparingly and not as permanent solution. Easy to replace if you are handy at all. They cost about £17. Switch off at mains, remove band round door gasket, peel back gasket, remove screws on door catch on front of machine, pull out interlock and disconnect from wiring. Reassemble with new interlock.

I have identical problem same model WJS 1265 W, was chuffed to find this post (cheers sheer1delight) unfortunately as first step I took the 2 screws off door catch and it fell inside aaaarrrggghhh...

When you say "remove band round door gasket" how exactly is this done? the only thing I can see is a small hex bolt-head at about the one o'clock positon. You'll gather I'm not a seasoned w/mc eng but would consider myself well "handy" really appreciate any helpful hints on the next step to take. Thanks in anticipation. 1two3 :D

There is a plastic ring with a serrated end going into another serrated end around the door porthole securing the door boot outer seal to the chassis. Remove this then you can remove the outer part of the gasket to gain access to the door interlock.

Cheers for that leccy, simple enough now I've done it, but replaced interlock and still have identical problem, so it's either a duff part I've been sent else prob is elsewhere.

I ordered pn 124967512 but supplier said this has now been superceded by 1249675131. Sealed packet has the newer part number on label but part number on interlock is same as the old one.. so I'm wondering if this makes any difference?.. anyone got any suggestions? (thanks in advance) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back