Zanussi washing machine FJS 1225w - drum won't turn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone, my 8yr washing machine won't turn drum. If left overnight etc., it will turn a cm only. Water pumps in/out. Jet stream hose not blocked. Thought fault with either motor, suppressor, control panel, even water pump. Will check pump make sure not blocked. Any thoughts anyone please?

Sponsored Links
I think you're right. When I get mhy finger in there and move it around motor works again for about 20 minutes only, then arks, sparks, squeels and stops, like a car alternator making fan belt squeel when battery is low, so I'm sure it's the brushes, but looks a bit fiddly getting motor off, looks like 4 srews. Thanks for your reply and will try tonight.

you can replace them with the motor on the machine but can be fiddly. If I have to take the motor off I usually remove the back of the machine you got more room then.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, this is a one-piece case, so no back to take off, so will have to fiddle around. Will post my results, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back