Zanussi Washing machine: water goes straight out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Newbie, first timer here.. forum looks very useful..

I've an old Zanussi washing machine that I'm trying to get working FJS-1397W. As far as I can tell all the functions work as expected with one major issue, during the fill cycle the water goes straight out the drain.

I can't tell if the drain motor is running, or if it's just with water pressure. The water is definetly going through the tray, but dosn't appear to go into the drum. The contents of the drum stay dry.

If I stick it on drain, the motor runs but very little comes out and when I check the fluff catcher thingy it looks empty.

I'm guessing there is either a valve, or the drain pump acts like a valve when it's off? Any advice is gratefully recieved...

Thanks,
Phil.

Sponsored Links
Lift the drain hose so the water doesn't siphon out.
Yea.. you know when you post something then find about 5 minutes later after that bit more of googling ... I've moved the washing machine into the garage, didn't even know about this siphoning effect..

Sorted now, rookie mistake.

Thanks for the info.
Phil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back